Russian Chemical Weapon attack in Salisbury

i have highlighted the word, just seems to be a very dangerous way of doing things, specially in light of our current diplomatic issue with Russia, how many more Russians are getting in? is that how spies could be getting in to carry out attacks? we just dont know, we just put "trust" in it.

Yet theres a massive hoo ha about the EU and people getting in that way.

What reason do you know of for Abramovich to be denied a UK investor's visa? He seems to have invested rather a lot of his money into the UK and been a model resident to the best of my knowledge. He's not a wanted man, he's not under public investigation, he's not running dodgy business, so just why should he not be in the UK, or given Israeil citizenship if his mother is Jewish?

It's not been denied BTW, just delayed to date.

Your objection appears to be that he's Russian, which would be quite racist of you.

again you miss the point :roll: is it right Israel has a special arrangement where Israelis can just waltz right in through the back door?

Even people who we arent vetting? Israel can make citizens of who they like and we because of this little arrangement allow them in, without a visa or anything?

I thought we were supposed to be shutting the door on immigrants? or does it only apply to poor people, not rich Russians or Israelis? how many could use this short stay arrangement to "disappear"?

We dont know how or who the person or persons responsible for poisoning the Skripels is, maybe they got in via this method? in and out without any official paperwork

The more I read certain comments on these threads the more it reminds me of Germany in the 1930's.

I'm sorry but what has Abramovich actually done? Are we assuming all Russians are planning attacks because they are Russian? I meant thats as mad as saying all Muslims are bombers isn't it?

His only crime as far as I can tell is running a suthners football club and not proper rugger. Apart from that why shouldn't he come in if hes a passport holder from a country in good standing?

What reason do you know of for Abramovich to be denied a UK investor's visa? He seems to have invested rather a lot of his money into the UK and been a model resident to the best of my knowledge. He's not a wanted man, he's not under public investigation, he's not running dodgy business, so just why should he not be in the UK, or given Israeil citizenship if his mother is Jewish?

It's not been denied BTW, just delayed to date.

Your objection appears to be that he's Russian, which would be quite racist of you.

The more I read certain comments on these threads the more it reminds me of Germany in the 1930's.

JESUS H <removed> CHRIST

the issue is not really that hes russian, or to do with Israel, or jews

its to do with us, our soverienty, theres obviously a big gaping back door with one of our "friends" and no matter what checks we put on the front door, we dont really know whos coming in the back?

As well as Abramovich what other big russian "investors" or even gangsters could be getting in doing that? or hitmen, or anybody else in any country in the world who Israel just suddenly deems to be a citizen

Edited by nikki-red

Nobody else seems to be able to see this back door Mel. It looks remarkably like any door is on the front, with big signs saying "Russians and Israelis as welcome as anyone else".

What's Abramovich done wrong to attract your anger at coming to the UK apart from being Russian / Israeli / Jewish?

JESUS H <removed> CHRIST

the issue is not really that hes russian, or to do with Israel, or jews

Really? Because you've made it very clear that you consider it to be entirely because of Russia and those nasty Russians...

As for your segue into defence re Israel and Jews no one made that accusation so well... lets leave that one there for people to draw their own conclusion..

---------- Post added 29-05-2018 at 16:11 ----------

Well I dunno, I mean this is the UK. We could just put big hammer and sickle badges on the Russkies and make them stay in Cliffords Tower in York I guess...

Not sure its racist but definitely xenophobic, which is strange coming from someone who keeps banging on about how xenophobic people are on the brexit thread..:roll:

Well I dunno, I mean this is the UK. We could just put big hammer and sickle badges on the Russkies and make them stay in Cliffords Tower in York I guess...

Historically, these things are supposed to be efficient. There could be some savings by combining red stars and yellow stars on the badge.