Russian Chemical Weapon attack in Salisbury

The Russian junta isn't being amateurish about this in the slightest.

If by that you mean that they wanted to make it absolutely clear who was behind the attack as a warning to others, I suspect the use of Novichok alone was all that was needed to make it very clear.

I still maintain that the rest was poorly planned and executed!

Here.

"Skripal poisoning suspects' passport data shows security services link"

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-and-europe/2018/09/14/skripal-poisoning-suspects-passport-data-shows-link-security-services/

Thanks for that.

It seems that Bellingcat was started from crowd funding by an very anti-Russian amateur blogger by the name of Eliot Higgins. Maybe he is also a British spy..

https://thetruthspeaker.co/2016/02/28/eliot-higgins-of-bellingcat-who-is-he-everything-you-need-to-know/

Something here seems a bit off so perhaps Bellingcat could now provide and share proper evidence regarding their claims.

Edited by Dromedary

As soon as I saw the name 'truthseeker.co', I thought alt-right or pro-Putin blog.

I wasn't wrong. It seems to be a bizarre mix of both. It claims to champion independent journalism but is highly partial in all I read before getting bored with it.

As soon as I saw the name 'truthseeker.co', I thought alt-right or pro-Putin blog.

I wasn't wrong. It seems to be a bizarre mix of both. It claims to champion independent journalism but is highly partial in all I read before getting bored with it.

So its a bit like Bellingcat then..:hihi:

The point is, like litvinenko, they are deliberately leaving a neon trail leading back to putin.

Meanwhile we sqawk and cluck and point out how preposterous their story is.

It's meant to be preposterous.

This is the russian junta saying, and showing, that it can deploy nuclear, chemical (and next, biological) weapons, when it chooses, where it chooses, and screw the consequences.

What is the UK going to do about it. Is Jeremy Hunt going to write another strongly worded letter to the Times?

No. We will sit here and do very little. Which is precisely Russia's point.

If I was British, I would be embarassed by my government in many ways, but the reaction to the Polonium and Novichok attacks would take the biscuit.

And this is what Russia wants to show. That democracies are fundamentally victims of their own reasonableness.

Up till now, he's been right.

---------- Post added 29-09-2018 at 22:09 ----------

Meanwhile, the russians have simultaneously laundered hundred of billions, even trillions of pounds through the city of london, enriching a few. An important few, as it turns out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...