Russian Chemical Weapon attack in Salisbury

Apparently, these three publications tell you everything you need to know about creating one of the novichok agents, A-230:

You'll need to be a talented organic chemist with a flair for synthesis and fluency in at least three languages.

I’ll have a sample on your desk by 9am, as long as I can locate my Quickfit apparatus.

Just be careful where you put your elbows.

Why pussyfoot around?

Just take Putin out. Make it look like a carefully targeted assassination by a 'state actor' by executing a carefully targeted assassination using 'state assets'. The UK wouldn't exactly make a lot of enemies by doing it.

We have a multibillion pound defence budget. Let's actually use it for defence of the realm, for once.

Assuming that we have the capability to do so ... for my money, the issue would be understanding and managing the consequences of taking someone out. You'd probably want to make it look like someone else did it.

Anyhow, the proper evil genius way is surely to get some kind of leverage on people, and coerce their behaviour to suit your own agenda. Probably like Putin does with Trump, KGB probably have secret sex tapes of him with Miss Russia or something along those compromising lines.

---------- Post added 15-03-2018 at 01:01 ----------

Okay, serious question; should our government put the good people of Sheffield Forum, in charge of formulating a response to this (probably) Russian attack?

Good one for the conspiracy theorists...

Who has the ability to produce this chemical and has something to gain by using it against a Russian traitor on British soil?

Well, on the back of analysing this nerve agent and saying that Russia produced it, Porton Down has now received extra funding of £48million.

Who has the ability to produce this chemical and has something to gain by using it against a Russian traitor on British soil?

Well, on the back of analysing this nerve agent and saying that Russia produced it, Porton Down has now received extra funding of £48million.

... a 9% increment.

Proportionally, similar to the increase in SYP's budget.

Edited by cgksheff

Damn!

I hoped my Tory chums were gonna give me that £48million back in tax cuts to the 3 richest Kings of England * :rant:

* I’m only the second richest King of England **

** citation needed

Who has the ability to produce this chemical

Any half decent undergraduate chemist could make it now the formula and structure is known.

Making it without dying is something else again but not impossible on a small scale. Handily from what I can see the precursors I would use are easy enough to obtain and not on any scheduled list of banned precursors under the CWC.