Russian Chemical Weapon attack in Salisbury

I wish the media would stop saying 'Russia' are responsible, it would be better to make a differentiation between Russia and the Putin regime. We need to be clear that we have no problem with the Russian people (they're great), it's just Tsar Putin and cronies who are the baddies here. It's an important differentiation to make, because conflating it all under the 'Russia' banner may serve to consolidate support for Putin within Russia.

Does that make sense?

It does to me.

No it's just Comrade Corbyn going off half cocked. Most of the Labour back benches were heckling him for being a muppet in PMQ's

Corbyn was right, but picked the wrong time to demand more evidence.

We do have to be 100% sure that this is Putin’s work. I’d expect that Merkel, Macron and Trump will want concrete evidence before they proceed.

Corbyn was a fool though. A simple statement of agreement with May and a demand to sort out the dirty money in London would have been enough. He could have expressed his justifiable misgivings privately.

Corbyn was right, but picked the wrong time to demand more evidence.

We do have to be 100% sure that this is Putin’s work. I’d expect that Merkel, Macron and Trump will want concrete evidence before they proceed.

Corbyn was a fool though. A simple statement of agreement with May and a demand to sort out the dirty money in London would have been enough. He could have expressed his justifiable misgivings privately.

Merkel, Macron and Trump have put out a statements saying that they believe there is 'no plausible alternative explanation' than Russia being behind the attack. This is based on the evidence that we have.

Merkel, Macron and Trump have put out a statements saying that they believe there is 'no plausible alternative explanation' than Russia being behind the attack. This is based on the evidence that we have.

It could just be another sexed-up dossier

Corbyn is correct to urge calm

You’d expect that much though. Part and parcel of supporting key allies.

Do you think they will go any further without evidence?

As was Neville Chamberlain in 1938, misplaced that it was.

Hardly comparable but I understand your point.

We should still step back and remain calm.

May’s judgement is appalling and I fear that she’s making this up as she goes along. It’s all very convenient for her and an excellent distraction from her other problems.

It could just be another sexed-up dossier

Corbyn is correct to urge calm

Who knows whether this chap has come to the correct conclusions in his write-up, but it certainly makes interesting reading.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2018/03/the-novichok-story-is-indeed-another-iraqi-wmd-scam/comment-page-1/#comments

The following excerpt does jump out at me though, and as a complete non-expert, I have to agree with the sentiments;

Given that the OPCW has taken the view the evidence for the existence of “Novichoks” is dubious, if the UK actually has a sample of one it is extremely important the UK presents that sample to the OPCW. Indeed the UK has a binding treaty obligation to present that sample to OPCW. Russa has – unreported by the corporate media – entered a demand at the OPCW that Britain submit a sample of the Salisbury material for international analysis.

Yet Britain refuses to submit it to the OPCW.

[The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) is a UN body based in the Hague.]

Remind me where you get your ciggies from...

Sheffield :)

---------- Post added 15-03-2018 at 19:16 ----------

We need allies to deal with Putin. Fortunately we are still in the EU for the time being.

Not for much longer thank god.