Russian Chemical Weapon attack in Salisbury

Don’t have to ask any of them anything unless they have donated to the Tory party.

Play it safe and donate the money from the handful of Russian donors to the Tory party.

Are you comfortable with the Tories using those funds. Make sure you answer that.

I don't have a problem with the Tories using funds donated by wealthy individual Russian citizens living in the UK. The fact that the ruling Tory party have called Russia out over the chemical weapon attack in Salisbury is proof the money donated by Russian citizens hasn't influenced their decision making.

I don't have a problem with the Tories using funds donated by wealthy individual Russian citizens living in the UK. The fact that the ruling Tory party have called Russia out over the chemical weapon attack in Salisbury is proof the money donated by Russian citizens hasn't influenced their decision making.

Of course you don’t because it’s a big problem for the Tories.

Today Johnson admitted that he accepted £160k to play tennis with the wife of one of Putin’s cronies.

Williamson accepted money as well for a dinner?

LOL they are now saying it couldve originated from Poerton Down

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43446312

Are you sure it hasn't?

This is where it is all turning into a silly affair. I trust our secret service and particularly the armed forces more than I trust Russian government, but that doesn't mean that I trust them if that makes sense?

The timing of this whole sordid affair is very opportune for a political leader trying to show strength in the international sphere.

LOL they are now saying it couldve originated from Poerton Down

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43446312

Strange as it may seem I was going to post a similar connection in my previous post of 2 days ago.. In order for Porton Down to check what this nerve agent is they must also have sample of it in storage.

---------- Post added 18-03-2018 at 14:44 ----------

The timing of this whole sordid affair is very opportune for a political leader trying to show strength in the international sphere.

Especially as its Russia are being targeted and it also changes the from page news away from Brexit.

Of course you don’t because it’s a big problem for the Tories.

Today Johnson admitted that he accepted £160k to play tennis with the wife of one of Putin’s cronies.

Williamson accepted money as well for a dinner?

An old story ........

Cameron rejects calls to pay back £160K tennis match donation

"Her husband Vladimir, who was a Russian finance minister, was sacked in 2004 and had fallen out with President Putin and did not have links with the Putin regime, added the spokesman, and the couple were now both British citizens".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28443588

Are you sure it hasn't?

This is where it is all turning into a silly affair. I trust our secret service and particularly the armed forces more than I trust Russian government, but that doesn't mean that I trust them if that makes sense?

As I have said several times once we start firing from the hip (as Williamson and Johnson have done) and don’t just invoke protocol then we give the Russians leverage.

They are now using that leverage to cast doubt on the origin of the weapon used, which is obviously ridiculous but we’ve given them the latitude to do it.

---------- Post added 18-03-2018 at 15:09 ----------

An old story ........

Cameron rejects calls to pay back £160K tennis match donation

"Her husband Vladimir, who was a Russian finance minister, was sacked in 2004 and had fallen out with President Putin and did not have links with the Putin regime, added the spokesman, and the couple were now both British citizens".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28443588

An old story but very relevant.

Any thoughts on Williamson? Bit more recent ;)

Do you like the thought that Russian oligarchs have used the U.K. as a political playground to spend their dodgy money in?

If the Russians were behind the attack and I believe they are why do the donations matter. At the end of the day another country has carried out an attack on another's soil and put its citizens in great danger.

but......imagine the outcry if it was Corbyn taking money from the Russians,

Since the poisoning Corbyn's position has got weaker by the day while Mrs May's position his getting stronger by the day. Perhaps you have been watching the Russian TV News channel rather than reading both traditional left wing and right wing media, which both seem to agree Mrs May has handled this incident well.

This from an article by the normally right wing media collumnist, Peter Hitchens:

"I have been to many countries where free speech is dangerous. But I have always assumed that there was no real risk here.

Now, several nasty trends seem to have come together. The treatment of Jeremy Corbyn both by politicians and many in the media, for doing what he is paid for and leading the Opposition, seems to me to be downright shocking.

I disagree with Mr Corbyn about many things and actively loathe the way he has sucked up to Sinn Fein. But he has a better record on foreign policy than almost anyone in Parliament.

Mr Corbyn has earned the right to be listened to, and those who now try to smear him are not just doing something morally wrong. They are hurting our country. Look at our repeated rushes into foolish conflict; in iraq, Libya, Syria and Afghanistan. All have done us lasting damage."

Jeremy Corbyn doesn't flinch from saying the unpopular when he believes it to be true, he has never been one for climbing on band wagons. He has condemned the chemical weapons attacks as much as anyone in a lengthy speech, but has simply asked (in one sentence,) for us to be sure of our evidence before going off half cocked. This single sentence among many has been used to further vilify him in the mainstream media.... as usual.

As Peter Hitchens said, it seems nobody is allowed to put an alternative point of view these days, or oppose media endorsed opinion, without being fully ripped to shreds in the media...

Edited by Anna B