Russian Chemical Weapon attack in Salisbury

So why are you posting about it ?

Stop playing dumb and trying to derail the discussion.

I’m saying that how we deal with dodgy Russian money being laundered in the UK is relevant. It’s one of the measures we have at our disposal.

Part of that is obviously around how we deal with political donations from Russians.

Whether or not the issue of political donations has been raised before is irrelevant. It has been raised now and it is relevant moving forward. Obviously the process would be much cleaner if previous donations were dealt with in some appropriate way.

I’m saying that how we deal with dodgy Russian money being laundered in the UK is relevant. It’s one of the measures we have at our disposal.

Part of that is obviously around how we deal with political donations from Russians.

Whether or not the issue of political donations has been raised before is irrelevant. It has been raised now and it is relevant moving forward. Obviously the process would be much cleaner if previous donations were dealt with in some appropriate way.

I am honestly not playing dumb or trying to derail the discussion . Post 303 you say the donations matter enormously and we shouldn't brush away them . Post 308 you say the donations are part of the discussion . Then you say the donations are irrelevant and in post 313 you say they don't matter . Please help me out here :confused:

I am honestly not playing dumb or trying to derail the discussion . Post 303 you say the donations matter enormously and we shouldn't brush away them . Post 308 you say the donations are part of the discussion . Then you say the donations are irrelevant and in post 313 you say they don't matter . Please help me out here :confused:

I was answering your question about why the issue has not been raised before. It has been but moving forward is what matters more.

Glad to help ;)

Your whole reasoning is flawed. You have criticised the Tory government for pointing the finger too quickly at the Russia state and at the same time criticised the Tory party for accepting fund raising donations from people with Russian connections. The donation from the lady who played tennis was dealt with in an appropriate way and she was actually a British citizen at the time. It is clear to any reasonable person the Tory Government's behaviour towards Russian has not been influenced as a consequence of donations from honest individuals, who have origins in Russia. This is not the same as the Bernie Ecclestone donation which did appear to influence Labour policy towards Tobacco advertising when they were the ruling party.

Edited by Lockdoctor

Your whole reasoning is flawed. You have criticised the Tory government for pointing the finger too quickly at the Russia state and at the same time criticised the Tory party for accepting fund raising donations from people with Russian connections. The donation from the lady who played tennis was dealt with in an appropriate way and she was actually a British citizen at the time. It is clear to any reasonable person the Tory Government's behaviour towards Russian has not been influenced as a consequence of donations from honest individuals, who have origins in Russia. This is not the same as the Bernie Ecclestone donation which did appear to influence Labour policy towards Tobacco advertising when they were the ruling party.

Stop defending the indefensible. If we take political donations from wealthy Russians then how to we impose sanctions on wealthy Russians?

Stop defending the indefensible. If we take political donations from wealthy Russians then how to we impose sanctions on wealthy Russians?

Stop having cheap shots at the Tory party. Our Government should only be considering imposing sanctions on wealthy Russians such as Oligarchs, who are unable to explain sources of property and bank wealth in the UK. Political donations from honest wealthy individuals, who are British citizens with Russian origins don't prevent our Government imposing new sanctions on Russian money launderers.