Russian Chemical Weapon attack in Salisbury

what a load of rubbish...

Labour had 552,000 members of June 2017,

Labour had 250,000 members before Corbyn was elected the leader.

he has over doubled the party membership.

Momentum have 35.000 members, Corbyn got 60% of the vote in the last leadership election, how does momentum hold all the power??

But what about renewals? He gets a surge pre-election time, or during the £3 membership term. But:

Labour membership PLUNGES by 4,000 in a week

Statistics show 4,795 memberships of the Labour Party lapsed last week, the biggest slump for nearly a year.

Just 819 people joined in the same time period, pointing to the huge boom in support for the veteran MP finally falling back.

The number of lapsers in the period is high as a result of a spike in joiners around 18 months ago.”

Another 30,394 people are in arrears over the membership subscription which means the number could fall even further.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/912093/Jeremy-Corbyn-Labour-Party-membership-Momentum-Haringey

Stop having cheap shots at the Tory party. Our Government should only be considering imposing sanctions on wealthy Russians such as Oligarchs, who are unable to explain sources of property and bank wealth in the UK. Political donations from honest wealthy individuals, who are British citizens with Russian origins don't prevent our Government imposing new sanctions on Russian money launderers.

How are they cheap shots.

Do you think a governing party is not going to be affected, or be accused of being affected, by enemies of Putin if they are taking donations from them.

Or worse still what if your honest Russian with legit cash is actually a Putin supporter?

You’re being naive and ignore the practicalities and risks of continuing to receive funds from these sources.

I understand why you are doing it but you do have to face up to the realities.

If you want to be tough on Russia it’s best your party isn’t living off the crumbs from the vast amount of potentially dodgy Russian money laundered through the City of London, and U.K. property.

Especially so if one way to really hurt the Kremlin in the long-term is to restrict its facility to launder that dodgy money.

It’s not another discussion at all.

I've never belonged to a political party and wouldn't want to. And what has political donations got to do with another country releasing a nerve agent in the UK ?

I've never belonged to a political party and wouldn't want to. And what has political donations got to do with another country releasing a nerve agent in the UK ?

Its to do with the aftermath and the responses of the government taking donations? we all hear about certain doners trying to steer a government "their" way, quangos and all that.

I think the term is personal...or vested interest? if you are taking money off somebody then you could be seen as favourable to them in return?

Its to do with the aftermath and the responses of the government taking donations? we all hear about certain doners trying to steer a government "their" way, quangos and all that.

I think the term is personal...or vested interest? if you are taking money off somebody then you could be seen as favourable to them in return?

At the end of the day 3 victims are still in hospital. A foreign power has released a nerve agent on our soil and still some seem to be more concerned about political donations. I still can't see why donations have any relevance to this attack or our response.

Nothing at all has been said about the medical condition of the 2 Russians and little regarding the policeman.

Are they still unable to communicate,or is some of the direction of the investigation down to their information?

How are they cheap shots.

Do you think a governing party is not going to be affected, or be accused of being affected, by enemies of Putin if they are taking donations from them.

Or worse still what if your honest Russian with legit cash is actually a Putin supporter?

You’re being naive and ignore the practicalities and risks of continuing to receive funds from these sources.

I understand why you are doing it but you do have to face up to the realities.

Even if they are receiving money from Russians with links to Putin then there is no reason to stop that legally. It's not v much different from accepting money from people connected to Donald Trump for example. Putin is the elected ruler of Russia (how much is down to corruption and coercion we shall never know).

Quite frankly all funding of political parties should be banned and all parties are funded from a shared pot that is given out based along party members, current MPs, number of candidates standing, vote share at last election etc, then we wouldn't have any conflicts of interests to discuss at all.

---------- Post added 19-03-2018 at 14:30 ----------

At the end of the day 3 victims are still in hospital. A foreign power has released a nerve agent on our soil and still some seem to be more concerned about political donations. I still can't see why donations have any relevance to this attack or our response.

Except at this time there is no evidence to confirm it is a foreign power who is to blame...

Last year the OPCW categorically stated that Russia had no stockpiles of nerve agents or any other chemical weapons and they had no realistic means of manufacture either.

https://www.opcw.org/news/article/opcw-director-general-commends-major-milestone-as-russia-completes-destruction-of-chemical-weapons-stockpile-under-opcw-verification/

Whereas of course the UK has held both the means to produce nerve agents and has quite a large stockpile of them (only for 'defence testing' of course) just 8 miles from Salisbury...

I still believe Russia is the most likely suspect, but how much of that is simply because I just can't believe our own government could be so corrupt and how much of that is actually evidence led?

Edited by sgtkate

Nothing at all has been said about the medical condition of the 2 Russians and little regarding the policeman.

Are they still unable to communicate,or is some of the direction of the investigation down to their information?

"Critical but stable" is the report I hear on BBC news nightly.

A BBC journalist reported sources inside the hospital saying that the father and daughter were both in a coma and unlikely to recover. The police officer was reported to be ill but seemed to be recovering.