Russian Chemical Weapon attack in Salisbury

I’m just wondering why the Russians would go to the trouble of killing a double agent working for MI6 when they already had him befor the exchange? Why didn’t they just execute him while they had him?

Because it will make all Russian traitors living all over the World fearful of their fate.

But what’s the point? Any future exchanges will be threatened when you know your exchange will be murdered after...crazy logic?

It's perfectly logical for them to assassinate spies who defect, it sends a clear message to other Russian spies who are considering the same.

It just amazes me how grossly incompetent we are at dealing with the Russian threat; for starters, why are we not protecting ex Russian spies with new identities?

It's perfectly logical for them to assassinate spies who defect, it sends a clear message to other Russian spies who are considering the same.

It just amazes me how grossly incompetent we are at dealing with the Russian threat; for starters, why are we not protecting ex Russian spies with new identities?

tut asif, we only do that to people like Jon Venebles Oo

---------- Post added 08-03-2018 at 11:44 ----------

Theyve announced the nerve agent used is a rarer one than sarin and VX

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43326734

I’m just wondering why the Russians would go to the trouble of killing a double agent working for MI6 when they already had him befor the exchange? Why didn’t they just execute him while they had him?

Revenge is a dish best served cold?

Russia's foes will 'be served poison' - Putin

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/russias-foes-will-be-served-poison-putin-36682387.html

Because they exchanged him. So they get their spy back and still end up killing the guy. Win-win.

Although, someone was saying they wouldn't be surprised if his daughter was the actual target taken out by the british. Think about it, the daughter of a known traitor to Russia living in Moscow in a nice house and having a nice life...do you really think Russia would have let that happen unless there was a reason to do so? Perhaps she was a double agent and has been taken out by britain. Don't believe we are so much better than the Russians.

Although, someone was saying they wouldn't be surprised if his daughter was the actual target taken out by the british. Think about it, the daughter of a known traitor to Russia living in Moscow in a nice house and having a nice life...do you really think Russia would have let that happen unless there was a reason to do so? Perhaps she was a double agent and has been taken out by britain.

I can't see it somehow; but happy to be proven wrong if anyone has any evidence.

Don't believe we are so much better than the Russians.

No better (or worse) than the Russian people, who have many admirable traits.

I think they're beating us in the 'ruthless dictatorship with no chance in hell of fair and free elections' stakes though. Not to mention the land grab in the Crimea!

We're no angels, that's for sure, but I imagine we're a tad more free and fair minded than the Russians (proviso: I mean Putin and his cronies, not the Russian public at large).

Edited by Waldo

Because they exchanged him. So they get their spy back and still end up killing the guy. Win-win.

Although, someone was saying they wouldn't be surprised if his daughter was the actual target taken out by the british. Think about it, the daughter of a known traitor to Russia living in Moscow in a nice house and having a nice life...do you really think Russia would have let that happen unless there was a reason to do so? Perhaps she was a double agent and has been taken out by britain. Don't believe we are so much better than the Russians.

Its strange that they all want to live here don't you think.