Telford Scandal

Signed , thanks for that . I know its not just in this case but a 22 year sentence equating to 6 years in prison is ridiculous

There is no way you can be sentenced to 22years under the 2003 sentencing act and be released after 5 years unless you are freed on appeal. The write up for this petition seems to be a bit dubious imo.

I am presently reading a book written by a woman who was abused from a very early age by large numbers of Asian men. She was not alone, it was big business involving many similar young girls. It is very uncomfortable reading but I wanted to try and understand how such a situation can arise. I am taking this book at face value, I see no reason not to.

Remember, this is a girl of 13/14 years of age when it first started. After initially being befriended by an Asian man, it escalated to her being phoned when needed and picked up from her home at any time day or night, by Asian taxi drivers. She was taken to different addresses, often plied with drink, where these men literally lined up to abuse, rape and treat her horrifically. She became pregnant on more than one occasion and suffered abortions.

As a Mum, I can only start to imagine what state that young girl was in when she was returned home each time, showing not only mental but physical signs of this abuse, It was surely something not to be ignored yet, unbelievably, the subject was never discussed at home.

And this went on for years.

Every blame, and quite rightly, is being apportioned to the failings of the Social Services, Education authorities and the Police for turning a blind eye. But what of the parents?

Shouldn't they have been the first port of call for that young girl to turn to? Your young daughter being picked up by taxi drivers (of whatever race) day or night and returned in what must have been an unbelievably sorry state.

How could her parents turn a blind eye? And yet I have never seen any blame apportioned to the parents in these cases. Surely this was child neglect at its most severe.

I am presently reading a book written by a woman who was abused from a very early age by large numbers of Asian men. She was not alone, it was big business involving many similar young girls. It is very uncomfortable reading but I wanted to try and understand how such a situation can arise. I am taking this book at face value, I see no reason not to.

Remember, this is a girl of 13/14 years of age when it first started. After initially being befriended by an Asian man, it escalated to her being phoned when needed and picked up from her home at any time day or night, by Asian taxi drivers. She was taken to different addresses, often plied with drink, where these men literally lined up to abuse, rape and treat her horrifically. She became pregnant on more than one occasion and suffered abortions.

As a Mum, I can only start to imagine what state that young girl was in when she was returned home each time, showing not only mental but physical signs of this abuse, It was surely something not to be ignored yet, unbelievably, the subject was never discussed at home.

And this went on for years.

Every blame, and quite rightly, is being apportioned to the failings of the Social Services, Education authorities and the Police for turning a blind eye. But what of the parents?

Shouldn't they have been the first port of call for that young girl to turn to? Your young daughter being picked up by taxi drivers (of whatever race) day or night and returned in what must have been an unbelievably sorry state.

How could her parents turn a blind eye? And yet I have never seen any blame apportioned to the parents in these cases. Surely this was child neglect at its most severe.

In many of the cases I've read, the parents of the abused children went to the police and social services, but were told that their child was making a 'lifestyle choice' by going off with these men. It's incredible that they could've been told this - but as the Jay Report made clear, the authorities didn't want to be seen as 'racist', so they blamed the children.

In many of the cases I've read, the parents of the abused children went to the police and social services, but were told that their child was making a 'lifestyle choice' by going off with these men. It's incredible that they could've been told this - but as the Jay Report made clear, the authorities didn't want to be seen as 'racist', so they blamed the children.

Thank you. Incredible indeed isn't it that a 13 year old can be allowed to make such a "lifestyle choice". Still can't imagine accepting this as a parent but its a difficult one to fully understand.

Thank you. Incredible indeed isn't it that a 13 year old can be allowed to make such a "lifestyle choice". Still can't imagine accepting this as a parent but its a difficult one to fully understand.

In quite a few cases, the girls were perceived as being “difficult”. Often in trouble for other things. Because of that, the authorities didn’t intervene as they should, hence the “lifestyle choice” suggestion. It is no excuse really.

'Lifestyle choice' was the reason given by police officers, council officials and social services. People who work in these professions should know more than anyone that children cannot consent to sex, as they are underage. So the law as well as the children were being deliberately violated with the full knowledge of the authorities, simply because the authorities did not want to challenge what was going on.

The authorities cannot simply plead ignorance of the law, because:

a) lay people know that the age of consent is 16

b) the authorities are paid to know the law, not just the basics that the population know

c) even if the victims are over the age of 16, it was known that the victims were being coerced into sexual activity - because in many cases they were told by the victims and their families.

That no one in authority has been prosecuted is a disgrace.

'Lifestyle choice' was the reason given by police officers, council officials and social services. People who work in these professions should know more than anyone that children cannot consent to sex, as they are underage. So the law as well as the children were being deliberately violated with the full knowledge of the authorities, simply because the authorities did not want to challenge what was going on.

The authorities cannot simply plead ignorance of the law, because:

a) lay people know that the age of consent is 16

b) the authorities are paid to know the law, not just the basics that the population know

c) even if the victims are over the age of 16, it was known that the victims were being coerced into sexual activity - because in many cases they were told by the victims and their families.

That no one in authority has been prosecuted is a disgrace.

Your last sentence should be on a flag ,flying above the town hall of every town and city where this has happened