Britain First banned by Facebook

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

LOL one to annoy our racist gammon faces on the forum, facebook have just announced that they are banning white seperatists and nationalists

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47728471

Facebook is going to really struggle with that in the UK. 

The far right largely only exists on facebook as can be seen when a demo attracts 60,000 'likes' but on the day struggles to get 60 people to show up or Wee Tommy Robinson page with a 100,000 supporters but will struggle to get a thousand people to a protest outside a court. Having said that there are thousands of these facebook pages, run by various BNP, Britain First, NW Infidels, EDL and UKIP groups sharing the most vile racist, homophobic, misogynist, antisemitic and islamophobic nonsense. To be fair, most of the really extreme white supremacist stuff is now hosted on private US sites such as Gab and 8chan. but that still leaves plenty of dross to be weeded out on facebook in the UK.

The language used by some posters on here suggests that they spend a bit of time on these sites although even their new 'post-Brexit' freedom probably won't make them feel comfortable about admitting it.

On 14/11/2018 at 16:58, sheffbag said:

Lets not

His used name is Tommy Robinson, you wouldn't call John Wayne Marion, Whoopi Goldburg Caryn, Boris Johnson Alex or Hulk Hogan Terry if you were talking about them

People know the name tommy Robinson, If you said Yaxley Lennon to a person on the street you would probably be adding £250 to the Pointless jackpot for the day

Congratulations on (2018 just spotted the date 😀) and 2019’s most contrived post of the year

Yaxley-Lennon not a chuffin screen star

Seriously, get a grip.

Edited by I1L2T3

On 14/11/2018 at 17:02, bendix said:

Nope. He doesn't get to choose what I call him. I don't care what he calls himself. His name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, and I'll continue to use it precisely because he doesn't want it used.

It's clear why that is the case; he suspects that his double-barrelled name will sound too poncy and that a good working class name like Tommy Robinson will appeal to the ignorant. Which is right of course.

It's a basic human right to choose your own name.  

Insisting on calling someone by a name they have chosen to reject is on a par with insisting a person should identify with the gender they were born with when they have rejected it.  

9 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

It's a basic human right to choose your own name.  

Insisting on calling someone by a name they have chosen to reject is on a par with insisting a person should identify with the gender they were born with when they have rejected it.  

Yaxley-Lennon has chosen several

55 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Facebook is going to really struggle with that in the UK. 

The far right largely only exists on facebook as can be seen when a demo attracts 60,000 'likes' but on the day struggles to get 60 people to show up or Wee Tommy Robinson page with a 100,000 supporters but will struggle to get a thousand people to a protest outside a court. Having said that there are thousands of these facebook pages, run by various BNP, Britain First, NW Infidels, EDL and UKIP groups sharing the most vile racist, homophobic, misogynist, antisemitic and islamophobic nonsense. To be fair, most of the really extreme white supremacist stuff is now hosted on private US sites such as Gab and 8chan. but that still leaves plenty of dross to be weeded out on facebook in the UK.

The language used by some posters on here suggests that they spend a bit of time on these sites although even their new 'post-Brexit' freedom probably won't make them feel comfortable about admitting it.

'their new post-Brexit freedom'???!!! 

You mean democracy has won and the UK has actually Brexited?  That must have passed me by. 

I have to say that the two men on Question Time this evening have got it spot on.  Those who are obstructing the implementation of the Brexit referendum result, whether that be in the form of parliamentary voting, or demonstrating, or signing petitions, are going to be responsible for a massive shift to the far right in this country. 

5 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Yaxley-Lennon has chosen several

And that is his choice to make, I'm assuming l1L2T3 is not your birth name. 

6 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

'their new post-Brexit freedom'???!!! 

You mean democracy has won and the UK has actually Brexited?  That must have passed me by. 

I think you missed my point.

Since the Brexit referendum a number of posters on here and in society in general seem to think that they now have the right to be as racist, homophobic, Islamophobic and antisemitic as they like.

By the way, the bloke on Question Time didn't say that there would be a massive shift to the far-right. He said that UKIP and Farage's new party would take a lot of votes off Labour and the Tories.

Not the same thing at all.

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

By the way, the bloke on Question Time didn't say that there would be a massive shift to the far-right. He said that UKIP and Farage's new party would take a lot of votes off Labour and the Tories.

Not the same thing at all.

Isn't it?  What is that then?  Do you not view Farage as the far right?