Britain First banned by Facebook

It is the proper alternative. No pedantry involved.

If you thought clearly about it, you'd see that I'm right.

I think that we shall have to agree to differ on that.

Doing so will at least prevent us from needlessly adding to the thread without any hope of making progress.

I'm glad they've lost their platform to spread lies, mistrust and promote hate.

They have a great deal in common with the Islamic extremism they pretend to oppose.

---------- Post added 14-03-2018 at 17:40 ----------

Would you also defend ISIS's right to have a Facebook page and defend their right to say what they want - or do you have a double standard going on?

Do BF go around beheading folk, blowing them apart or driving lorries over them.? Never seen it on the News.

Angel1.

Do BF go around beheading folk, blowing them apart or driving lorries over them.? Never seen it on the News.

Angel1.

oh come on show some cognitive thinking, its not about whos done it more whos done it worse, they are ALL extremists, to varying degrees, we ve seen in history what far right extremism can end up as. weve also seen in the news more recently what far right extremism can end up with (ie:- the bloke that crashed the van outside the mosque), so even tho its not up there with the islamic terrorists it should not be belittled or tolerated, it happens, and shouldnt, these people encourage it with lies and mistruths

Personally, I don't think that "banning" a point of view is a good idea.

It stinks of "thought control", which is exactly what the Nazis attempted to achieve.

Good or bad (from any particular point of view), people will always think freely, and sometimes trying to IMPOSE a way of thinking would make people question why, and have an adverse reaction to said imposition!

It stinks of "thought control", which is exactly what the Nazis attempted to achieve.

Good or bad (from any particular point of view), people will always think freely, and sometimes trying to IMPOSE a way of thinking would make people question why, and have an adverse reaction to said imposition!

The test for banning should be simple. Does an organisation repeatedly advocate breaking the law. If so, they don’t deserve a platform.

BF certainly encouraged racially aggravated abuse, so by that measure they deserve to be cast into the wilderness.

Jo Cox MP.

If that's the best you could come up with, I would have kept it to myself. I don't think the poor Lady was beheaded, blown up or had a lorry driven over her. Ok she was killed by a loony tune but your analogy is poor at best.

Angel1

its not really a point of view though. theyve crossed the line, they deliver hate, they lie to get people riled up, to hate, that is wrong in a civilised society. its propaganda

If that's the best you could come up with, I would have kept it to myself. I don't think the poor Lady was beheaded, blown up or had a lorry driven over her. Ok she was killed by a loony tune but your analogy is poor at best.

Angel1

Hmm, yes, loony tune indeed.

How come you don’t condemn them as loony tunes when they kill us please ?

Jo Cox MP.

and was that an action sanctioned by or just condoned by the party or was it the action of an individual that happened to be a member.

i think that attempting to offer that example was ill advised

by the same token are you telling us a one time member of the tufty club never killed anyone. perhaps they should all be banned from expressing their views.

no opinion i'm just asking.... but is it not ever considered odd that you hardly ever hear of anyone attempting to suppress or ban the expressing of views or opinions that some would consider to be as, if not more so, extreme left wing than those of joseph stalin

Edited by fill