Sheffield Labour councillors

Mo

After emailing all three Labour councillors - Mike Drabble, Dianne Hurst and Peter Rippon

On 4th March I still have not received an acknowledgement let alone a reply.

I would like to know if this is their normal response to their constituents?

Such a disgrace.

After emailing all three Labour councillors - Mike Drabble, Dianne Hurst and Peter Rippon

Such a disgrace.

Its only been 10 working days.

Dependant on your request it might take at least another few days for them to prepare a reply.

Perhaps its time to give a quick follow up but dont think we are at the "disgrace" level yet.

Such a disgrace.

In my experience those councillors are quite good at replying to issues

Your details say you're in NE Derbyshire so that could be the reason they only deal with issues in their wards so may have forwarded it on

Last year I had an issue with an absentee landlord of an ajoining property, I emailed all three of the councillors in my ward, I got a reply from

Anne Murphy within a day. She got an housing officer to contact me, which I thought was brilliant. I didn't even get an adknowledgement from the

other two.

Last year I had an issue with an absentee landlord of an ajoining property, I emailed all three of the councillors in my ward, I got a reply from

Anne Murphy within a day. She got an housing officer to contact me, which I thought was brilliant. I didn't even get an adknowledgement from the

other two.

Anne works closely with her colleague Craig so it's likely that they coordinate their responses to constituents and share case work. They also work across political boundaries to avoid duplication which may explain why Andrew didn't respond.

I'd initially contact the council department direct. Councillors will pass on enquiries and/or complaints to the relevant section as Anne Murphy did for Mike10. I'd only go to a councillor if my issue wasn't responded to or resolved.

Max is right, councillors liaise with each other. Three responses to one enquiry wouldn't really be an efficient use of time. IMO.

Edited by Ms Macbeth