What makes people really happy?

Sunshine! Sunshine makes me happy!

And no, money does not bring you happiness. A few years ago I gave up a job that paid three times more than I earn now.

Looking back I was no happier then than I am now. I just had more money than what I really needed.

Edited by monkey104

Getting into a bed with freshly washed & dried sheets (and a nice man if one's available)!

smelling cherry blossom in the spring / summer

Watching a couple of programmes on TV & snooker

sitting down with a cup of tea & ciggarette after doing loads of housework

Probably loads of others that I haven't thought of!

Edited by Mister M

They say money doesn't bring happiness. However many people would like to test the theory! What simple things really make people happy?

You asked a question that doesn't work. "What simple things really make people happy?"

You are not a people. You are an individual. People will always get lost and looking for happiness until one day they realise they are a free individual in a world full of people.

Money is also part of society and people.

Happiness and joy come free of charge, a poor person can be happy, even richest person on world is not most happy joyful.

A "thing" is just something with its limitations. A truly happy person will be happy with anything.

If something changes and that happy person becomes miserable their happiness depends on things and money.

If a happy person is happy no matter what happens, their happiness is limitless and unconditional.

looking for simple things that "really" bring happiness is a path that goes around in a circle. Every time you found something there is another thing down the road and then another thing.

When that circle stops and the person becomes aware that happiness and joy can be there any moment regardless of the things they have found real happiness.

Some people say that happiness runs, in a circular motion; and that thought is like a little boat, which is bobbing up and down upon the sea. They also say that everybody is a part of everything, and that you can have everything, if only you'll let yourself be.

I have no idea what they're on about though, probably they're nuts or something.