What do you think the definition of rape is?

Just with a woman? So men can't be raped?

Yes they can, as per the episode last evening when the hairdresser bloke on Coronation street was drugged and raped. A bold move by ITV.

I was coming from man strong woman less strong therefore man can force himself on woman. Man on man totally different, come and try it on with me and you will see the difference, but book your hospital visit beforehand, you will need it. Written with tongue in cheek as an example, but do you get my drift. Bringing drugs into the mix alters the situation greatly of course.

Angel1.

So, what is rape?

The Sexual Offences Act (2003) defines rape occurs when:

(1) Person (A) intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of another person (B) with his penis;

(2) Person (B) does not consent to the penetration;

(3) Person (A) does not reasonably believe that person (B) consents.

Does it matter what the definition in other countries is unless that is a piece of law you might need to be upto speed on before you go there?

Our version -

An accused - intentionally penetrated with his penis the vagina (or mouth/anus) of xxxxxxxxx, who did not consent to the penetration, the accused not reasonably believing that xxxxxxxxxx consented

Yes they can, as per the episode last evening when the hairdresser bloke on Coronation street was drugged and raped. A bold move by ITV.

I was coming from man strong woman less strong therefore man can force himself on woman. Man on man totally different, come and try it on with me and you will see the difference, but book your hospital visit beforehand, you will need it. Written with tongue in cheek as an example, but do you get my drift. Bringing drugs into the mix alters the situation greatly of course.

Angel1.

What a strange post.

Men are on average stronger than women but I don't see how that makes man on man rape any different to man on woman rape.

---------- Post added 23-03-2018 at 13:24 ----------

So, what is rape?

(1) Person (A) intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of another person (B) with his penis;

Interesting, so under the Sexual Offences Act it doesn't seem like it would be possible for a woman to be charged with rape?

What a strange post.

Men are on average stronger than women but I don't see how that makes man on man rape any different to man on woman rape.

---------- Post added 23-03-2018 at 13:24 ----------

Interesting, so under the Sexual Offences Act it doesn't seem like it would be possible for a woman to be charged with rape?

I believe there have been cases where women have been charged with rape by using objects or even their fingers

So, what is rape?

What about sex with an underage person..isn't that classed as statutory rape?

What about sex with an underage person..isn't that classed as statutory rape?

Nope doesn't exist in this country.

BUT sex with a child under 13 is charged as rape even if the perpetrator would have you believe they consented.

Edited by willman

Correct, they would have to be charged with other offences under the SOA.

Angel1.

Can I respectfully suggest that you do a little research? Try a search under 'accounts of male rape victims' or similar terms.

You might not mean to, but attitudes like yours are really rather damaging as they imply that men are raped must somehow be at fault for not fighting hard enough, or for being 'weak' or 'easy'. They don't help survivors at all and may well leave them feeling more wretchedly damaged and ashamed.