Faulty car immobiliser??

How do I do that, I'm not technically minded lol

You'll need to take it to a garage then, or get someone out to look at it if it won't start.

If you have a second key try that first, will at least tell you if thats an issue.

You can buy a decent machine for as little as £4-500 I sold my fully up to date top of the range machine for only £1000

You can get them cheaper than that, mine was £2,000 when I got it a few years ago, they're even cheaper and better now.

That's my point exactly though, the average motorist (with the exception of some enthusiasts) doesn't want to fork out thousands, or even just a few hundred pounds on a gadget that is only the first step in a series of costs to get their car fixed.

*EDIT: I misread your price as £4-5000

The Autel Maxidiag Elite is less than £200 and does most things you'd want, bar key programming and ECU parameter alterations, I'd recommend that to anyone

Edited by RootsBooster

Well I can't afford anything like that, it could be the battery I suppose, but radio and lights come on, would they if it was a battery issue?

They would depend on how much juice is in the battery.

Does the flashing immobiliser LED (on the dash) behave differently if it doesn't start?

The red light flashes before I put key in, goes off when I take the steering lock off and try to start car, the little light with car with lock through is on, I sound really useless don't I lol

Your key has lost its programming, the light with the car and lock is connected to the immobiliser. You need someone to reprogram your key.

Your key has lost its programming, the light with the car and lock is connected to the immobiliser. You need someone to reprogram your key.

I hope she's got security pass for car as Vauxhall charge £25 for code and she will also need a virgin immbolizer chip For Vauxhall it's usually a id46 chip