Legal air pollution limits

The European commission has sent a ‘final warning’ to the UK for failing to address repeated breaches of legal air pollution limits in 16 areas. (Apr 2017)

Leeds are proposing a 'Clean Air Zone'.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/plans-for-new-vehicle-emissions-charges-in-leeds-clean-air-zone-everything-you-need-to-know-1-8892593

The proposals for Leeds look rather 'tip of the iceberg' to me. Is Sheffield proposing to do something similar?

Should we just ignore the breaches of legal air pollution limits, once we leave the EU?

The new EURO 6 standards are much cleaner, should we just wait for cleaner vehicles?

when you include a link to the local ad-slingers website, can you please include the text of the article as well ?

I tried viewing the link on a mobile device but my phone was swamped in a deluge of adverts and I had to close the tab

Thanks!

Turn on an adblocker and the YP whines about it..... one reason I wont read it. Of course it's illegal for them to check the way they do...

---------- Post added 26-03-2018 at 15:37 ----------

Nothing is said about crap road layouts that increase congestion and cause further pollution though.

Leeds have just finished one off right outside one of the hospitals thats caused loads of extra congestion, absolute joke!

Headingly is the pollution hotspot and also where the big traffic jams are. They could easily sort the traffic problems out by bulldozing some houses out the way but the residents would object of course. But it would easily solve that local poolution issue if there were not cars waiting all the time at Headingly crossroads...

Or they could stick in a rather ambitious one way system and remove the local bottlenecks by obviating the need for the lights. But again the residents might have other ideas.

The proposed zone is rather large though for what most people were expecting it seems. One cynically wonders if they are going to add private cars later - they excluded all the really affluent areas of the city too one notes...

• 1 month later...
Er no, it's joint eighth along with a load of other places on 12ug

Er no. I'll go with 20th for Sheffield as the list is not in alphabetical order. They might all be showing 12ug but clearly some are higher, 12.3; 12.2; 12.1 etc.

I trust the reports authors / the BBC to have put them in the correct order, just not gone into the decimal places.

Turn on an adblocker and the YP whines about it..... one reason I wont read it. Of course it's illegal for them to check the way they do...

Just turn off java-script for that site, you will get the main text article but lose all the advertising and photos.