Google Home area restrictions?

Itrytoplease

I pay £9.99 a month for google music, i have in the past asked google home to play "freight train" with no problem, i asked for it tonight and it replied " out of your area" anybody know what it's talking about?

I have no restriction on what can be played.

Edited by Itrytoplease

Two possible solutions;

- Google don't currently have the right to stream it to the U.K; the licensing agreements between streaming companies and copyright holders is quite fluid and can change a lot over time

- Google doesn't think you are in the UK and your IP address is saying you an in Belgium or something. It happens sometimes. Try turning the router off for 5 minutes and reconnecting to get a different IP. Of course if you have a static IP, then that's not going to solve that.

Two possible solutions;

- Google don't currently have the right to stream it to the U.K; the licensing agreements between streaming companies and copyright holders is quite fluid and can change a lot over time

- Google doesn't think you are in the UK and your IP address is saying you an in Belgium or something. It happens sometimes. Try turning the router off for 5 minutes and reconnecting to get a different IP. Of course if you have a static IP, then that's not going to solve that.

I do have a VPN, but it shouldn't apply to google home? should it, i very rarely use it on the computer,

played the record before, it's so old i don't think copyright comes in to it

Happened with mine and had to do a full factory reset a day relink to my phone.

Google had no explanation for it however there was a software update prior to it happening so one can only assume that the update screwed something.