Bargain Booze owner on brink of collapse

The latest company on the brink of collapse is Conviviality, the owner of Bargain booze, Wine rack and Matthew Clarke.

Sounds if it does go on there will be a massive knock on as it supplies more than 700 off licences and 23,000 pubs and restaurants across the country.

This bit doesnt look good for Easter either Oo

Pub chains with contracts to be supplied by Conviviality reported on Wednesday that key deliveries ahead of the Easter period had failed to show up.

i believe they deliver to Wetherspoons too?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/companies/bargain-booze-owner-on-brink-of-collapse/ar-BBKPrFZ

Edited by melthebell

Yes its fantastic that people are being laid off and losing their livelihoods :loopy:

Other industries are growing and if there is less alcohol consumption then this equals a more productive and happy society. This is one of the main reasons why Islamic and Jewish communities are more productive and progressive.

Other industries are growing and if there is less alcohol consumption then this equals a more productive and happy society. This is one of the main reasons why Islamic and Jewish communities are more productive and progressive.

Globally? I'm not sure that's true. I don't know how it would be qualified on a more local scale.