Bargain Booze owner on brink of collapse

Globally? I'm not sure that's true. I don't know how it would be qualified on a more local scale.

Happy stress-free productive people generally drink far less, or not at all.

More folk are hopefully now realising there is more to life than drinking till ya spew every weekend.

Other industries are growing and if there is less alcohol consumption then this equals a more productive and happy society. This is one of the main reasons why Islamic and Jewish communities are more productive and progressive.

Do you have any actual evidence to support this assertion?

It sounds like a morally based rather than factually based opinion to me.

---------- Post added 29-03-2018 at 11:34 ----------

Again, any evidence for this?

More folk are hopefully now realising there is more to life than drinking till ya spew every weekend.

Of course it's entirely possible to drink in moderation, and indeed most people do. :roll:

Do you have any actual evidence to support this assertion?

It sounds like a morally based rather than factually based opinion to me.

---------- Post added 29-03-2018 at 11:34 ----------

Again, any evidence for this?

Of course it's entirely possible to drink in moderation, and indeed most people do. :roll:

Look at how productive Islamic and Jewish communities are in comparison to others, they're way ahead.

Again, I'm not sure that's true. Do you have any data to back that up, or is it just your opinion? I would agree that happy and productive people would drink less than people who have problems with alcohol and drink excessively, I'm not sure the correlation would go much beyond that.

Just look at the countries with the high or medium levels of alcohol consumption per capita, and look at the countries with the lowest levels, and see where the more happy and productive societies lie.

---------- Post added 29-03-2018 at 11:37 ----------

Look at how productive Islamic and Jewish communities are in comparison to others, they're way ahead.

Which communities should I be looking at exactly? As I said, that isn't true on a global scale by any means, so perhaps you mean more locally?

So, which communities should I look at, and how is the productivity of these measured and compared?

.........are the bad pubs generally those owned by large Pubco's...........most are in my experience!

Mine too, but they're absolutely huge buildings, so the land is probably worth more for housing. The article I linked mentions two other awful pubs which have gone. But Southport have seven micropubs, all doing very well.

But I've not shed a tear for these places, because they were grotty and sold the usual bland mass produced lager and bitter.

:roll:

LOL you bloody lot

can we go back to bargain boozes owners :hihi:

---------- Post added 29-03-2018 at 12:47 ----------

How have they managed to get in trouble??

They have huge clients and obviously shift lots of stock, has their retail arm sunk their bulk supply arm?

i read it had a surprise tax bill? Oo

The BBC site states

Just days later, on 14 March, it revealed a £30m tax bill that had to be paid by the end of the month.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43580679

i'm sorry but no business gets a "surprise" tax bill?

Edited by melthebell

Other industries are growing and if there is less alcohol consumption then this equals a more productive and happy society. This is one of the main reasons why Islamic and Jewish communities are more productive and progressive.

If it wasn't for guinness the Irish would rule the world.