Increased Fines for Littering - £150.

I'll say it really really really slowly so you get it.

THAT.

WONT.

STOP.

IT.

I can take my long wheel base, high roof van to my local dumpit site. "No trade waste mate?" - no there isn't. Got rid of 3 piece suit and a couple of other bulky items over the past year. On my last visit I noticed a pile of rubbish no more than 50 yards from the gates of said (Derbyshire county council) dumpit site. There are no shortage of sites popular with fly tipping scrubbers between there and where I live.

Some people are scrubbers who will come out with every excuse under the sun not to dispose of rubbish correctly.

What's yours?

In sheffield , Barnsley , etc, long wheelbase vans are NOT allowed to use the dumps. The vans use to go in and get rid of their waste and buy the lads at the tip a drink back in the day ,and there wasnt the fly tipping problem there is now, but then the barriers went up.

Try getting into a sheffield or Barnsley tip with a long wheelbase van , it aint going to happen.

Most of the fly tipping I see around my area isnt builders waste, its general household stuff, bits of furniture, mattresses etc. Dumped by people who either couldnt care less or maybe dont know any better.

Im pretty sure that in most cases allowing LWB vans into the tip wouldnt make the slightest difference.

In sheffield , Barnsley , etc, long wheelbase vans are NOT allowed to use the dumps. The vans use to go in and get rid of their waste and buy the lads at the tip a drink back in the day ,and there wasnt the fly tipping problem there is now, but then the barriers went up.

Try getting into a sheffield or Barnsley tip with a long wheelbase van , it aint going to happen.

So instead of "a drink", use the money to pay for legal disposal of trade waste.

That money taken from the client for the purpose.

Most of the fly tipping I see around my area isnt builders waste, its general household stuff, bits of furniture, mattresses etc. Dumped by people who either couldnt care less or maybe dont know any better.

Im pretty sure that in most cases allowing LWB vans into the tip wouldnt make the slightest difference.

Most of it is probley from people who pay a man and van type service and the van owner does not have proper waste transfer licience and does it far too cheaply

---------- Post added 02-04-2018 at 21:50 ----------

In Barnsley you now need a permit to go on tip with a car

Most of it is probley from people who pay a man and van type service and the van owner does not have proper waste transfer licience and does it far too cheaply

Im sorry but I disagree. The fly tipping I see locally is just by people who cant be bothered and have no respect for their neighbourhoods etc so dump stuff outside for other people to deal with.

Why else is it on streets, at the side of main roads etc?

Im not disputing that theres 'man n van' services out there that fly tip, but Im sure most of them arent stupid enough to be pulling up on main roads to do it.

Edited by nikki-red

But by your definition NE Derbyshire would be free of fly tippers. It isn't. Because fly tippers are scrubbers - doesn't matter what they drive. You're giving these aresholes an excuse - there isn't one.

Here's a thought, save some money on buying the lads a pint and work a way how to dispose of your rubbish correctly. Unless you're saying that the only people who fly tip are those who drive long wheel base vans, don't have a car or any sense of civic responsibility.

How about they just pay to have the waste disposed of appropriately, you know like responsible people do? Why should my council tax go towards subsidising unscrupulous builders?

How about they just pay to have the waste disposed of appropriately, you know like responsible people do? Why should my council tax go towards subsidising unscrupulous builders?

A while ago a friend of mine was quoted £120 to get rid of two sofas by a licenced wasted removal company. Obscene price, especially when he got another quote of £30 from a man and van . no one is going to pay rip off charges like that when they can get the job done for a Quarter of the price.

A while ago a friend of mine was quoted £120 to get rid of two sofas by a licenced wasted removal company. Obscene price, especially when he got another quote of £30 from a man and van . no one is going to pay rip off charges like that when they can get the job done for a Quarter of the price.

Veolia came and collected our old three piece suit last year. It cost us £20.

https://www.veolia.co.uk/sheffield/collections-home/collections-home/bulky-item-collection-service