Winnie Madikizela-Mandela dies

South African anti-apartheid campaigner Winnie Madikizela-Mandela has died aged 81, her personal assistant says.

Winnie Madikizela-Mandela was the former wife of South Africa's first black president, Nelson Mandela.

The couple - famously pictured hand-in-hand as Mr Mandela walked free from prison after 27 years - were a symbol of the anti-apartheid struggle for nearly three decades.

---------- Post added 02-04-2018 at 18:09 ----------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-43621112

South African anti-apartheid campaigner Winnie Madikizela-Mandela has died aged 81, her personal assistant says.

Winnie Madikizela-Mandela was the former wife of South Africa's first black president, Nelson Mandela.

The couple - famously pictured hand-in-hand as Mr Mandela walked free from prison after 27 years - were a symbol of the anti-apartheid struggle for nearly three decades.

---------- Post added 02-04-2018 at 18:09 ----------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-43621112

Im not proud of this but I'm glad shes dead.

Terrible, vile women.

I’m not sure that history is going to be very kind to Winnie Mandela.

me neither. None, or at least very few, of the consorts of African leaders seem to do very well. Look what happened to Mrs. Mugabe in Zimbabwe just now.

I used to live in South Africa. Winnie - and she is one of the few even vaguely political figures that I would call by her first name - was just not that bright. She didn't have a clue. One wonders why Madiba, who was so very bright indeed, married her in the first place.

Edited by blake

Im not proud of this but I'm glad shes dead.

Terrible, vile women.

nice to see a vile terrorist has died, no tears here for the horrible women who ordered murders of children and many others. good riddance.!

Seen loads of butt kissers on the news . Short memories the lot of them

hahahaha and here come the usual suspects jackbooting in, when youve lived through something like apartheid THEN you can comment

hahahaha and here come the usual suspects jackbooting in, when youve lived through something like apartheid THEN you can comment

would you care to disclose during what years of apartheid that you lived through?

are you white, Indian, coloured or black? What kind of job did you have, when you were living in South Africa? Or were you unemployed?

we're dying to know.

Edited by blake