Changes to the MoT test from May

FIWGAS?

OK so tell me how that is any different from the state of play today then? You are aware of what the legal definition of unroadworthy is yes?

FIWGAS: ***** it who gives a poo.

Who said it was any different? As I asked some else up thread, what is your point, what exactly are you trying to argue here? And yes, I know the legal definition of unroadworthy.

Has anyone actually had a tow bar socket tested ,I bought a tester for testing them but never seen an mot garage test a socket yet

local garage tested mine and found it ok, news to me as its never been used. During my many years mot testing I found very few failed on the first test, with modern cars even fewer should fail. When the test first came out it was a ten year test when the car passed you were given a windscreen sticker to show it had.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOT_test

Edited by choogling

Thats going to be very interesting for sites that dont repair vehicles then isn't it....

The point I made many posts earlier.

Points to note - you can drive withouot an MOT to a place of repair - so you can legally drive it home.

A failed MOT does NOT mean that the vehicle is unroadworthy. It MAY be so, but it may not.

That might be the situation now, but it appears that it will not be the situation in the future.

On the guidance to testers under the new rules a 'dangerous' category fail says "Do not drive the vehicle". No caveats about "to a place of repair" or "your preferred garage", perhaps that will be clarified in time though.

Edited by Cyclone

• 3 weeks later...