Clay Pigeon Shooting Rules

Is anyone able to tell me if shooting grounds who offer clay pigeon shooting are restricted to the times/days they can shoot as per their licence from the council, or can they do it as they please?

Thanks in advance.

My understanding is that they only need a licensed exemption (from the police) to allow persons without a shotgun license to shoot. They can only shoot at the times and places specified in the Exemption License.

If the individuals hold their own shotgun licenses, they are not restricted by such a license.

If it is a Shooting Ground that has been the subject of Planning Permission, that permission may have been granted with certain conditions & restraints, including times of operation.

Failure to comply with those terms can result in withdrawal of permission.

Planning Permission may not always be required, but if a site is used for more than 28 days per year, it is likely.

What is the "license" to which you refer?

Edited by cgksheff

My understanding is that they only need a licensed exemption (from the police) to allow persons without a shotgun license to shoot. They can only shoot at the times and places specified in the Exemption License.

If the individuals hold their own shotgun licenses, they are not restricted by such a license.

If it is a Shooting Ground that has been the subject of Planning Permission, that permission may have been granted with certain conditions & restraints, including times of operation.

Failure to comply with those terms can result in withdrawal of permission.

Planning Permission may not always be required, but if a site is used for more than 28 days per year, it is likely.

What is the "license" to which you refer?

I have no knowledge of this subject at all, but have been told a company has to hold a license granted by the council to operate such a facility, so I wondered if within that license there are specified days/times shooting is allowed to take place.