Pensioner, 78, arrested on suspicion of murder after suspected burglar

Govt stats

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/police-workforce-england-and-wales-31-march-2017

Parliament research

researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN00634/SN00634.pdf

Anyone who works in the criminal justice system knows police are stretched beyond capacity - the system is falling apart (in sheffield literally when the lights fell in)

Anyone who works in the criminal justice system knows police are stretched beyond capacity - the system is falling apart (in sheffield literally when the lights fell in)

........ Have you seen any of the recordings of the over-policing of the tree protests?

Mis-management decrying the claims of shortages.

As I predicted, due to fear of action by the dead thief's family the innocent party is having to move to a secret address, meanwhile the traveller family with a long criminal record continue on their criminal way.

As I predicted, due to fear of action by the dead thief's family the innocent party is having to move to a secret address, meanwhile the traveller family with a long criminal record continue on their criminal way.

Sounds like the Danny Dyer film, Vendetta, it would be nice if the good guys won in respect of this, sadly life is not like that. :(

Things like this ,really makes my blood boil . Old couples done nowt wrong but they get punished in a roundabout way :rant:

Yet , we are quite happy to spend fortunes on protecting criminals with new identities . The whole set up is out of order.

........ Have you seen any of the recordings of the over-policing of the tree protests?

Mis-management decrying the claims of shortages.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Go and ask anyone who works in the criminal justice system if they think its all rosy in the garden, well funded, properly staffed in buildings fit for purpose.

You will be a long time waiting - but no-one cares - until its their little jonny who gets locked up and needs a lawyer or whose house is burgled and expects a copper to turn up or CSI to attend, leaving aside a prosecutor to consider the file put together by said copper - when he / she (the copper) isn't off having been injured in the line of duty or off sick and the prosecutor (a)knows what they are doing given the volume of work they are expected to handle and (b) is working and not off with stress.

No votes in it you see - and all people do is whine and moan behind a keyboard

I have said many times before just go and spend some time at the local magistrates courts (the ones not closed down) or the crown court when its not closed because the lights fell down (twice) - it might just provide an insight - better still ask someone who works there.

Go and ask anyone who works in the criminal justice system if they think its all rosy in the garden, well funded, properly staffed in buildings fit for purpose.

You will be a long time waiting - but no-one cares - until its their little jonny who gets locked up and needs a lawyer or whose house is burgled and expects a copper to turn up or CSI to attend, leaving aside a prosecutor to consider the file put together by said copper - when he / she (the copper) isn't off having been injured in the line of duty or off sick and the prosecutor (a)knows what they are doing given the volume of work they are expected to handle and (b) is working and not off with stress.

I have said many times before just go and spend some time at the local magistrates courts (the ones not closed down) or the crown court when its not closed because the lights fell down (twice) - it might just provide an insight - better still ask someone who works there.

You might be surprised.

It is always a mistake to post with ignorant assumptions.

We are not discussing all of the Criminal Justice System. We are discussing policing.

As with many state organisations the fundamental issue is one of mis-management.

Of course funding is a major problem, but just throwing more funds into the police will not correct the faults.

Holy smoke , you seem to like mentioning the lights fell down (twice) . We all know that the whole system is under pressure but please , leave the lights out of it

You might be surprised.

It is always a mistake to post with ignorant assumptions.

We are not discussing all of the Criminal Justice System. We are discussing policing.

As with many state organisations the fundamental issue is one of mis-management.

Of course funding is a major problem, but just throwing more funds into the police will not correct the faults.

If I have made a mistake please correct my ignorance.

You cannot simply isolate one part of the system they are wholly intertwined - and all are hopelessly under resourced -

I would pop down for a chat with the Chief Constable or the PCC if you have ideas that could put the 'mis-managament right' - but make sure its been costed properly because there aint no more cash - better still whatever plans you have make some savings too whilst your at it.