Pensioner, 78, arrested on suspicion of murder after suspected burglar

A white british guy who doesnt travel is an ethnic minority? Yeah, sure. Just an excuse to get away with the entire range of criminal behaviour upto and including murder

The "majority" protect the criminals because they ARE the criminals until proven otherwise

---------- Post added 15-04-2018 at 15:35 ----------

Sorry, too many people on here defending the criminals I missed it

Read my post again.

I said it is criminals like Vincent who give the majority (of travellers) a bad name.

That is not defending criminals, it is defending innocent people of the travelling community from being tarred with a brush, even if they are not involved in or even know this particular individual.

You say that the majority protect criminals because they are criminals unless proven otherwise.

Are you then suggesting that all people of a community/ethnic background are automatically guilty of crime until they can prove their innocence or have I read your post wrong?

Are you actually entitled to a vote in elections?

Read my post again.

I said it is criminals like Vincent who give the majority (of travellers) a bad name.

That is not defending criminals, it is defending innocent people of the travelling community from being tarred with a brush, even if they are not involved in or even know this particular individual.

You say that the majority protect criminals because they are criminals unless proven otherwise.

Are you then suggesting that all people of a community/ethnic background are automatically guilty of crime until they can prove their innocence or have I read your post wrong?

I admire your courage in defending the Traveller community. I think many may have a different view.

Angel1.

The Pensioner and his wife are not coming back. He has asked to be rehoused. This is partly due to fear and trauma, and partly to do with his wife's illness.

I do hope he can settle somewhere and start trying to put this behind him.

Got to say , if whoever is in power allows the funeral procession to pass this old mans house , then society is lost . Dramatic ,I know but its how I feel

Snowflake...

---------- Post added 16-04-2018 at 11:42 ----------

The Pensioner and his wife are not coming back. He has asked to be rehoused. This is partly due to fear and trauma, and partly to do with his wife's illness.

I do hope he can settle somewhere and start trying to put this behind him.

What a disgusting and terribly sad outcome, they’ve lived in their home for decades in believe

---------- Post added 16-04-2018 at 11:45 ----------

Read my post again.

This is the problem though mancmart, the only exposure I’ve had to the travelling community comes across as negative, very negative, i’d love to be persuaded otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...
I admire your courage in defending the Traveller community. I think many may have a different view.

Angel1.

Yesterday after-noon one of the innocent members of the traveling community called at my house he possibly saw me working in the yard with my garage door open, after asking if I wanted to buy some fags, i don't smoke, he spent the next five minutes ,doing a mental inventory of the contents of the garage while making small talk about nearby pubs. After he had gone I spent the next two hours improving my all ready good security, the last time one of these innocent travellers came calling the morning after four and a half grand of equipment had disappeared, just a coincidence of course. Is it any wonder I have an almost pathological hatred of these people. Last night was the worst nights sleep I have had for years.

Did you pass his description on to the local plod?

Just a report of him acting suspiciously, along with his vehicle reg could help.

This is the problem though mancmart, the only exposure I’ve had to the travelling community comes across as negative, very negative, i’d love to be persuaded otherwise.

You're in for a long wait mate.

Members of the burglar's family - who have reportedly splashed £100,000 on the funeral - swore out of their car windows and police had to step in when rocks were thrown at photographers outside the church.

It be hoped that they locked everything away or nailed it down before they got there otherwise it would have been whipped away as they passed

I hope the church checked its silver

Edited by alchemist