Pensioner, 78, arrested on suspicion of murder after suspected burglar

They? You think the dead one will be coming back, zombie burglary?

---------- Post added 04-04-2018 at 18:31 ----------

I suppose it's lucky that they haven't published his name and address then isn't it. :roll:

One of your poorer efforts Cyclone, I know you sometimes purposely flame threads, or as you put it, play devils advocate, the burglar has family and mates who could well have the same mindset as him, they will not leave this and you know it and it will be obvious to everyone nearby where this incident happened.

---------- Post added 04-04-2018 at 19:35 ----------

This 78 year old chap should never have been arrested in the first place ,and should be released without charge ASAP ,and given a public , grovelling apology from the plod for wrongful arrest.

As far as im concerned , if you enter someones property to rob them , then you are fair game ,and cannot have any complaints if the householder fights back and you come a cropper.

Is the arrest just normal procedure when someone dies though ?

A pensioner has been arrested after a suspected burglar was killed during a violent tussle at his home.

The 78-year-old was held on suspicion of murder after the 38-year-old died of his wounds in hospital in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

Police said the struggle broke out after the pensioner had found two men inside his home in South Park, Hither Green, south London shortly after midnight.

One suspect, armed with a screwdriver, forced the home-owner into his kitchen when he discovered them, while his accomplice went upstairs.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/04/04/suspected-burglar-dies-tussle-pensioner-78/

That pensioner looks like Mr Miyagi.

I wouldn't recommend burgling his house :|

I bet he killed one burglar and severely damaged the other.

A pensioner has been arrested after a suspected burglar was killed during a violent tussle at his home.

The 78-year-old was held on suspicion of murder after the 38-year-old died of his wounds in hospital in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

One suspect, armed with a screwdriver, forced the home-owner into his kitchen when he discovered them, while his accomplice went upstairs.

Its quite reasonable for a 78 year old to fear for his life in those circumstances.

What is wrong with you people?

We have due process and the law here. He killed someone and it is right that it is investigated. We don't dispense justice via some kangaroo court of public opinion. It is not for us to decide unless you're selected to sit on the jury. Let the police investigate and the CPS decide what charges if any should be bought.

We have due process and the law here. He killed someone and it is right that it is investigated. We don't dispense justice via some kangaroo court of public opinion. It is not for us to decide unless you're selected to sit on the jury. Let the police investigate and the CPS decide what charges if any should be bought.

You're being rational, pitch forks and hysteria are the way to go for some on here.

........I don't think any thing is wrong with people expressing their views on a public forum concerning a very contentious issue. There is just a chance albeit very slim, that the victim in this case could end up with a custodial sentence of some sort!.........the law does not always appear fair although we have to abide by decisions. I hope he does not receive a custodial sentence or I could imagine all hell breaking loose on the public front as this mans life has been ruined in a flash!..........unlike some, others of us feel more sympathy for the victim than the burglar!

........I don't think any thing is wrong with people expressing their views on a public forum concerning a very contentious issue. There is just a chance albeit very slim, that the victim in this case could end up with a custodial sentence of some sort!.........the law does not always appear fair although we have to abide by decisions. I hope he does not receive a custodial sentence or I could imagine all hell breaking loose on the public front as this mans life has been ruined in a flash!..........unlike some, others of us feel more sympathy for the victim than the burglar!

Nobody has shown any sympathy for the burglar. A hat tip to that pesky rule of law perhaps but that's it.