Pensioner, 78, arrested on suspicion of murder after suspected burglar

I find it curious that people seem to think the law should not be applied evenly to all age groups; i.e. he's an old man so we should be more lenient on him.

Is that happening?

If there's a self defence and protecting your home angle, fair enough, I think that should absolutely be taken in to account, no matter what age you are.

I find it curious that people seem to think the law should not be applied evenly to all age groups; i.e. he's an old man so we should be more lenient on him.

Is that happening?

If there's a self defence and protecting your home angle, fair enough, I think that should absolutely be taken in to account, no matter what age you are.

It's the group of people who think that intruders should lose all protection from the law who I find concerning.

having said that no one deserves to lose there life committing a break in.

Disagree. Burglary is a despicable crime and can have long term psychological effects for the victim. Its not just about a bit of stuff gone missing that can be replaced by insurance.

Yeah, why not. They're scum.

If someone broke into my house, stole my money, possesions etc. I would want them caught and punished, I certainly would"nt want them dead.

what your saying is death sentence for burgalary. Give over.

The world would be a hugely better place without career burglars in it. Or perverts. Or fly tippers, etc. I've got a list.

Kill them? I guess not. Launch them into space maybe?

Nah, 3months solitary confinement first offence, six months 2nd offence, and so on, they"d soon learn.

Is that happening?

Parliament thinks the law should not be applied evenly to all age groups as the age of criminal responsibility is ten years old.

You seem to be confusing the law with sentencing.