Duke of Edinburgh has hip replacement surgery

Nah, working-class Sheffielders draw the line at purchasing their council house at a big discount.

We'd never betray the wishes of our ancestors by avoiding the NHS and paying for private healthcare. Plus we're too tight to pay for it as well.

Wouldn't it just be better to have an NHS that works?

My wife is awaiting an appointment for a gastroenterology procedure.

I phoned last week to see if the hospital had received the doctor's letter as we had heard nothing.

They had, it was sent 2nd Feb and received in the dept 5th Feb.

So how long before she gets an appointment I asked.

within 18 weeks

Let's hope it's not serious.

She is down for a consultation first and then there will be another 8 weeks or more for the procedure if past experience is anything to go by.

When at work I had private medical care and my goodness waiting times were non existent.

Edited by davyboy

What does duh , mean please.

You don't have a dictionary handy, or google perhaps?

duh

dəː/Submit

exclamation

used to comment on a foolish or stupid action, especially someone else's.

---------- Post added 05-04-2018 at 08:19 ----------

Wouldn't it just be better to have an NHS that works?

I'm sure that most of us agree that it would.

But it's hardly a surprise that private care is faster. It's a wonder the NHS functions at all given the tory defunding and PR campaigns.

I went to see my doctor, dodgy knee, 6 weeks later I saw the consultant. After x rays were done he told me I needed a total knee replacement, he looked in his diary, he gave me a date for he op, 4 month wait, in Chesterfield Royal last November, all done, brilliant service from all staff.

You don't have a dictionary handy, or google perhaps?

---------- Post added 05-04-2018 at 08:19 ----------

I'm sure that most of us agree that it would.

But it's hardly a surprise that private care is faster. It's a wonder the NHS functions at all given the tory defunding and PR campaigns.

Who needs a dictionary when we have you:hihi:

This is about equality, however the loudest exponents of equality being the Labour front bench, would find themselves far more equal than others when it comes to medical treatment. I’m no royalist, but is it a total surprise that the 96 years old husband of the Queen is having a hip transplant?

This is about equality, however the loudest exponents of equality being the Labour front bench, would find themselves far more equal than others when it comes to medical treatment. I’m no royalist, but is it a total surprise that the 96 years old husband of the Queen is having a hip transplant?

Hip transplant?