Extend the sugar tax

Don't buy it then...... :)

I run a shop and was just pointing out the price rise.

I haven’t seen any shift in sales of non diet drinks since the sugar tax came in n a few days ago.

It is in my opinin as a retailer another stealth tax by the govt.

I run a shop and was just pointing out the price rise.

I haven’t seen any shift in sales of non diet drinks since the sugar tax came in n a few days ago.

It is in my opinin as a retailer another stealth tax by the govt.

Agreed. Another stealth tax that will hurt those on low incomes the most.

No to wealthy middle-class liberals dictating how people on low incomes must live their lives! No to the Sugar Tax!

No to wealthy middle-class liberals dictating how people on low incomes must live their lives! No to the Sugar Tax!

Since those on low incomes have a poorer diet, and have shorter lives as a result, perhaps that is a good thing?

Female life expectancy at birth up 4.5 years over the 30 year period; but the most advantaged gain more than the least advantaged.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/lifeexpectancies/bulletins/trendinlifeexpectancyatbirthandatage65bysocioeconomicpositionbasedonthenationalstatisticssocioeconomicclassificationenglandandwales/2015-10-21#female-life-expectancy-at-birth-up-45-years-over-the-30-year-period-but-the-most-advantaged-gain-more-than-the-least-advantaged

"Professor Hunt said there is also a significant socio-economic correlation, with a lot of poor families not seeing oral health as a priority."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/21/rise-removals-rotting-milk-teeth-fuelled-childrens-sugary-diet/

Maybe the price rise will help reduce this....

Don't worry, you soon will if you're not in a Guardian reading area and all your customers are servants or chimney sweeps dressed in rags or waving placards saying "immigrants out" and "£350 million a week for the NHS"

Don't worry, you soon will if you're not in a Guardian reading area and all your customers are servants or chimney sweeps dressed in rags or waving placards saying "immigrants out" and "£350 million a week for the NHS"

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Since those on low incomes have a poorer diet, and have shorter lives as a result, perhaps that is a good thing?

I am on a low income and have a very good diet, so that's really no excuse. I don't think problems occur because of low incomes but laziness and not being bothered to cook or prepare fresh food.

Do you agree with your taxes being used to fund other people’s healthcare purely because they cannot be educated with regards to the damage sugar does to their and their children’s health.

Yes, but I also disagree with my taxes being used to treat people who do a lot of other really stupid things that injure them. If you ask me things like skiing and motorbike riding should be on the list as well.

I am on a low income and have a very good diet,

Is it really that much cheaper to have a unhealthy diet?

Loads of fizzy drinks, high sugar sweets, high fat foods, takeaways etc etc etc

It doesn't sound like a cheap way to live??

Is it really that much cheaper to have a unhealthy diet?

Loads of fizzy drinks, high sugar sweets, high fat foods, takeaways etc etc etc

It doesn't sound like a cheap way to live??

I think you have read the post wrong. I'm not saying its cheaper to have an unhealthy diet quite the opposite.