Extend the sugar tax

I run a shop and was just pointing out the price rise.

I haven’t seen any shift in sales of non diet drinks since the sugar tax came in n a few days ago.

It is in my opinin as a retailer another stealth tax by the govt.

We have not seen our sales of non diet drinks drop at all. In fact I have just ordered £389 worth of pop to be delivered by Brakes Thursday with only 3 cases of diet varieties (pepsi Max) we can’t shift the zero/diet lines. We ended up reducing zero Fanta Orange, lilt zero, diet Dr Pepper and diet Orange Tango so it did not go past it’s best before date. We have kept diet Vimto, pepsi max just so there is an option.

We have not seen our sales of non diet drinks drop at all. In fact I have just ordered £389 worth of pop to be delivered by Brakes Thursday with only 3 cases of diet varieties (pepsi Max) we can’t shift the zero/diet lines. We ended up reducing zero Fanta Orange, lilt zero, diet Dr Pepper and diet Orange Tango so it did not go past it’s best before date. We have kept diet Vimto, pepsi max just so there is an option.

Leading brands such as Fanta, Ribena and Lucozade have cut the sugar content of drinks, Coca-Cola have not cut the sugar content - but they have reduced the size of the bottles.

So the tax will cut sugar consumption, but retailers will not notice.

Leading brands such as Fanta, Ribena and Lucozade have cut the sugar content of drinks, Coca-Cola have not cut the sugar content - but they have reduced the size of the bottles.

So the tax will cut sugar consumption, but retailers will not notice.

My bold=

They haven’t shrunk the size of Coca Cola cans so how does that cut sugar consumption?

My bold=

They haven’t shrunk the size of Coca Cola cans so how does that cut sugar consumption?

Hopefully the price rise will have some effect? When I buy a branded 500ml bottle of fizzy drink (Coke, Pepsi, Sprite, Fantas)I tend to go for the cheapest.