Travelmaster smart cards

Does anyone know whether there are records of the tickets which have been added onto a card and the corresponding dates? I note each individual card has its own unique number.

At the moment, I don't think that is done, although the technology to do so exists.

Until SYPTE/First and the other operators in the region invest in the back-office requirements to do so, these so-called 'smart-cards' are just plastic versions of the paper tickets you had in the past.

I know it can be done - Go-Ahead certainly use it, and it means you can buy the tickets on-line (various types all on the same card), but if you have more than one type, you have to advise the driver which one you wish to use on that particular day/journey.

At the moment, I don't think that is done, although the technology to do so exists.

Until SYPTE/First and the other operators in the region invest in the back-office requirements to do so, these so-called 'smart-cards' are just plastic versions of the paper tickets you had in the past.

I know it can be done - Go-Ahead certainly use it, and it means you can buy the tickets on-line (various types all on the same card), but if you have more than one type, you have to advise the driver which one you wish to use on that particular day/journey.

The technology exists all right and is alive and thriving in Ontario, Just google Presto.Hardly any transit users here buy tickets anymore, this card can be used on all transit operators in our area and you just refill it online.

The technology exists all right and is alive and thriving in Ontario, Just google Presto.Hardly any transit users here buy tickets anymore, this card can be used on all transit operators in our area and you just refill it online.

Yep, Ontarian1981, that is exactly the situation in the Brighton (E. Sussex) area to which I was referring - with the exception of one major operator, and minor restrictions on a few routes, you get to travel almost anywhere on any operator - and this is all achieved without an expensive PTE, just intelligent co-operation, admittedly organised through the city/county councils.