Military action against assad.

Nothing to stop the US and France going ahead without us.

And I wouldnt consider the support of a party associated with terrorism itself to be a ringing endorsement of May’s actions.

I mentioned the DUP because you said no way would Parliament authorise the action. Any vote would have been close. In any case there were no parliament votes about the two World Wars, the Falklands Conflict or the first Gulf War. I believe it was Tony Blair who started Parliament voting on such matters and the current Prime Minister doesn't have to copy him before taking military action against other countries.

We need to take a stand and show the world what the Brits are made off

Time to show the world what a great nation we are

Let’s start that off my stopping the supply of weapons to the Saudi state that are used in attacks on Yemeni civilians.

And by not providing political cover for attacks by the Israeli government for attacks on Palestinian civilians.

Let’s show we’re great by not helping other states kill children. Let’s start there.

---------- Post added 14-04-2018 at 12:32 ----------

The UK, America and France have attacked chemical weapon sites in Syria and not Syrian children. It is Assad who has targeted and killed children.

It’s hypocritical when we supply and support other states that are murdering civilians.

We need to take a stand and show the world what the Brits are made off

Time to show the world what a great nation we are

What a stupid thing to say.

We are not great. We are Americas bitch. We have no business bombing Syria.

---------- Post added 14-04-2018 at 12:36 ----------

The UK, America and France have attacked chemical weapon sites in Syria and not Syrian children. It is Assad who has targeted and killed children.

Stop watching the bbc. Its rotting your brain.

Simple answer - capability.

Complex answer - because most other EU countries do not see themselves as enforcers. Only the UK and France see themselves as having a duty to strike across the world and are the only ones with the capability to do so within a short space of time. It is easy to forget though that when it comes to 'boots on soil' that the NATO partners most definitely contribute. My cousin has just come back from one of the most dangerous overseas campaigns in Mali for example.

There is also a much higher degree of jingoism in the UK and the US in particular than there is in other countries.

Normally I'd agree with you on the jingoism bit but if you took a straw poll around the country, there wouldn't be a deal of support over this - certainly not a majority.

Let’s start that off my stopping the supply of weapons to the Saudi state that are used in attacks on Yemeni civilians.

And by not providing political cover for attacks by the Israeli government for attacks on Palestinian civilians.

Let’s show we’re great by not helping other states kill children. Let’s start there.

---------- Post added 14-04-2018 at 12:32 ----------

It’s hypocritical when we supply and support other states that are murdering civilians.

indeed, we make billions supplying these countries with the arms then get our knickers in a twist when they use em Oo

---------- Post added 14-04-2018 at 12:53 ----------

Third rate trolling as per usual.

you expect anything other?

---------- Post added 14-04-2018 at 12:54 ----------

Stop watching the bbc. Its rotting your brain.

hahhhaha here we go....again :P