Military action against assad.

And while parliament are discussing it and voting on it ( Jeremy style) it just gives them more time to move and hide the chemical weapons

They gave them enough time to hide the stuff by announcing it in the first place, the Russians were told what targets would be bombed so as to avoid killing Russian personnel which would have forced Putin to respond.

---------- Post added 14-04-2018 at 17:55 ----------

US locked and loaded to strike again on f chemical weapons are used= https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/after-syria-attack-us-and-russia-tensions-rise-but-military-confrontation-fears-ease/2018/04/14/d7a48d32-3fdb-11e8-a7d1-e4efec6389f0_story.html?utm_term=.225e06fee193

Mrs May does not have a majority in Parliament which skews the legality issue. Nor did she wait for the weapons inspectors to get in there and asses the situation, so no evidence so far that will stand up in court that Assad was responsible.

I do hope that it will emerge she had a legally watertight case for going in, otherwise it will weaken the international rules of engagement and could be used to justify other nations in future conflicts going in without proper justification. There was no reason to rush.

There will undoubtedly be repercussions on the ground in the UK in the form of more terrorist attacks. I hope the British people consider it was worth it considering nobody was asked. No one knows how Putin will respond.

Is it really a good idea to bomb chemical weapon sites when you aren't sure what is stored there? - Isn't that risking the spread of possible viruses and toxins further?

Considering the only hope for long term stability in Syria probably lies with Assad, it's a bit of an own goal.

wrong wrong wrong! its about time the west stood up to this madness and did something is there only us that has to act? everyone i have spoken to today is firmly in the May camp and the bombings were more than justified.

lets hope for more to wipe out Assad and his targetted army posts and chemical factories.

And while parliament are discussing it and voting on it ( Jeremy style) it just gives them more time to move and hide the chemical weapons

I call BS on that. It is being reported that the plants were long established and part of a long-term chemical weapons programme.

If so, the plants weren’t going anywhere in the next few days. Parliament is back next week so it could have waited.

The reality is that May bypassed parliament and defied public opinion to dance to the tune of Donald Trump.

Sad days for democracy in the U.K.

I call BS on that. It is being reported that the plants were long established and part of a long-term chemical weapons programme.

If so, the plants weren’t going anywhere in the next few days. Parliament is back next week so it could have waited.

The reality is that May bypassed parliament and defied public opinion to dance to the tune of Donald Trump.

Sad days for democracy in the U.K.

I agree.

She knew she'd be voted down and couldn't afford the embarrassment to her leadership. That's why she went in - to appease Trump.

Must say though, it sounds like gesture politics all round.

wrong wrong wrong! its about time the west stood up to this madness and did something is there only us that has to act? everyone i have spoken to today is firmly in the May camp and the bombings were more than justified.

lets hope for more to wipe out Assad and his targetted army posts and chemical factories.

You are in favour of Assad being toppled and the extremist head choppers to take his place then? :rolleyes:

Mrs May didn't bypass parliament. As a Prime Minister she does not require parliamentary approval to exercise the Royal prerogative. As for defying public opinion, that is pure conjecture, unless you have personally asked everyone in the UK of course.

Mrs May didn't bypass parliament. As a Prime Minister she does not require parliamentary approval to exercise the Royal prerogative. As for defying public opinion, that is pure conjecture, unless you have personally asked everyone in the UK of course.

So if it had gone to a vote in Parliament she would have got approval? Not a chance.

The public are overwhelmingly against the strikes:

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2018/04/12/two-one-public-oppose-missile-strikes-syria/

It’s not conjecture.

Yeah, killing children is the mark of greatness isn't it?

That hasnt stopped Assad and that Commie Putin .

---------- Post added 14-04-2018 at 21:07 ----------

You are in favour of Assad being toppled and the extremist head choppers to take his place then? :rolleyes:

The Islamist nutjobs are already active in Syria , so i dont see your point .

---------- Post added 14-04-2018 at 21:08 ----------

So if it had gone to a vote in Parliament she would have got approval? Not a chance.

The public are overwhelmingly against the strikes:

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2018/04/12/two-one-public-oppose-missile-strikes-syria/

It’s not conjecture.

No , because old Commie Corbyn would have waved the white flag and voted against it.

That hasnt stopped Assad and that Commie Putin .

---------- Post added 14-04-2018 at 21:07 ----------

The Islamist nutjobs are already active in Syria , so i dont see your point .

---------- Post added 14-04-2018 at 21:08 ----------

No , because old Commie Corbyn would have waved the white flag and voted against it.

We should send you in, you'd be well at home with the nutjobs.