Stop appliance genocide

Is it built in obsolescence though or is it just because its designed to use cheap materials and therefore cheaper to make? People seem to have accumulated so much debt these days that most cant afford expensive well made products that last.

I'd agree with you, people just want cheaper and cheaper products so what happens when that happens, you get crap quality. You can't have fantastic, high quality products and pay nothing for them. We seem to live in a culture where people want everything for nothing these days.

And the OP is someone that insisted on using an unsupported, insecure browser (IE6) insisting it was better than everything else so no surprise on this post really. Not sure why there's so much ranting in it either. My plasma TV is over 5 years old and replaced another 5+ year old plasma TV because I wanted full HD. Not everyone updates because it's newer and shinier.

I don't think a TV or a car or a fridge or anything made in the 50s ran better than today's counterparts. Can you provide an example?

I agree to a point. Mobile phone manufacturers make batteries hard to remove and up til recently Apple made software updates that deliberately ran down batteries.

My TV is ok, but not UHD but I don't want to get rid just because it's 10 years old. I bet I couldn't give it away. I'll keep it til it dies.

Also chargers with the wire coming out of the top instead of underneath so the cable is under mechanical stress all the time and breaks.

Is this the same Dude posting 2014? :

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1387754

It's also the same Dude111 who posts regularly on the David Icke Forum.

https://forum.davidicke.com/showpost.php?p=1063010220&postcount=489

Different message - but identical avatar and usename as on SF - and obviously with a liking of old technology.

Edited by Longcol

I think the vehicle scrapage scheme was and is awful, means hundreds of classics and future classics are scrapped..... Moggy Thousands, Ford Anglias etc....

One Ford Anglia was scrapped and a handful of Morris Minor's, which to be fair could easily have only existed on paper.

Since the car was being scrapped there were no issues with what condition it was actually in.

One Ford Anglia was scrapped and a handful of Morris Minor's, which to be fair could easily have only existed on paper.

Since the car was being scrapped there were no issues with what condition it was actually in.

The cars that were due to be scrapped had the be presented with a current mot ,that was to stop people buying them from the scrap yard .