What's the best gig/concert you've ever been to?

Originally posted by Jon

mine would be Counting Crows @ the city hall

When did Counting Crows play the city hall? I think it must have been before I moved to Sheffield, otherwise I'm sure I would have gone! I saw them this year in January at the Arena...

Originally posted by Lou

When did Counting Crows play the city hall? I think it must have been before I moved to Sheffield, otherwise I'm sure I would have gone! I saw them this year in January at the Arena...

hey, likewise I saw them in January as well. I got a good bootleg of it. They played at City Hall 20/2/2000 - I have the bootleg for this too.

Originally posted by Lickszz

hey, likewise I saw them in January as well. I got a good bootleg of it. They played at City Hall 20/2/2000 - I have the bootleg for this too.

Ah, 20/2/2000 was before I moved to Sheffield... How d'ya get the bootlegs?

Didn't you think the Arena was pretty empty in January? It seemed to only be half of the Arena so I was thinking it might have been better for them to have played city hall instead? Or is half the Arena's capacity bigger than a full city hall?! I haven't been to the city hall so I don't know how big it is.

Originally posted by Lou

Ah, 20/2/2000 was before I moved to Sheffield... How d'ya get the bootlegs?

Didn't you think the Arena was pretty empty in January? It seemed to only be half of the Arena so I was thinking it might have been better for them to have played city hall instead? Or is half the Arena's capacity bigger than a full city hall?! I haven't been to the city hall so I don't know how big it is.

I trade CC bootlegs. Lots of traders will burn you the boots for nothing as long as you pay postage/packing and send them cd's. Yes, it was disappointing to see it that empty. I went to the MEN arena show and that was full. That arena is much bigger than Sheffield. I went in 2000 to City Hall and it was a great atmosphere as most of the time small halls are. I wasn't disappointed because they put on a great performance in January but it must be hard when the arena is only half full. I not sure aobut the half arena size to city hall but I would imagine that CC thought they may sell more than they did and once the arena is booked obviously cannot switch, so the only other alternative is cancellation.

I agree with katndee!

i went to see BUSTED at the city hall and it was AMAZING!!!!!

the best concert EVER by far! the atmosphere was just brill!!!

can't wait 2 c them at the arena nxt year!!!!!

Busted rock!!!:headbang:

The Levellers, a few years back. I've never danced and sang so hard and so loud in my life. It was WILD:D :D

I also went with a load of people who were bigger than me, and they made a circle around me so I wouldn't get squashed by the crowd. I had no idea, I was bouncing around so much and then after they all had a story to tell about people crashing into them, while I was bruise-free. That's a night I'd relive in an instant.

• 6 years later...

I've seen Metallica, Guns n Roses, the original line up of Black Sabbath, Eminem, The Dandy Warhols, Slipknot, The Prodigy, Paradise Lost, Therapy, White Zombie, Sepultura, Motorhead & Frank Black & the Catholics ....... But the best gig ever was Lawnmower Deth at the Astoria.

Complete madness & a combination of drinking, mosh pit & fish dance :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1iKBNxsXFE

Archived