'Windrush generation' face deportation threat.

It's a political issue - of course it is. The desire for the Home Office in making the environment 'tough for immigrants' (I can't remember what choice of words Theresa May publically said when she was Home Secretary) was a political choice.

Her words as home secretary were "The aim is to create, here in Britain, a really hostile environment for illegal immigrants"

It also now appears that under her watch the home office destroyed thousands of landing card slips recording Windrush immigrants’ arrival dates in the UK.

Id say she's getting closer to 48 signatures on that letter every day this goes on

Her words as home secretary were "The aim is to create, here in Britain, a really hostile environment for illegal immigrants"

It also now appears that under her watch the home office destroyed thousands of landing card slips recording Windrush immigrants’ arrival dates in the UK.

Id say she's getting closer to 48 signatures on that letter every day this goes on

That was it about the really hostile environment.... And I didn't know that the Home Office had destroyed landing card slips - it's almost as if something deliberate was happening....

On the steps of Downing St, when she became PM, Theresa May spoke solemnly about the "burning injustices" she wanted to put right. I wonder if the treatment of the 'windrush generation' under her watch will become a "burning injustice" she wants to put right?

Give over, if Labour had caused this you'd be all over it, besides you've told us you aren't a Tory so what's the problem?

So I’m not allowed an opinion then, and what has Labour got to do with it? I don’t have a problem, the folk that are in fear of deportation certainly have, and last but not least someone who uses the fears of others to attempt to make a cheap forum snipe certainly has a big problem.

At least plenty of the racists are now getting their misinformed wish from the referendum and "those with brown skin" (actual words I heard from the time from such an idiot) are being deported.

Thats exactly it, theres been clamour from the right whingers for years now about clamping down on immigration.

Trouble is because there was a cockup decades ago, its hitting the wrong people.

Be careful what you wish for.

And they expect these people to be able to get us a "better" deal during brexit :suspect: