New Irish Bar for Sheffield.

Baron99

On 24/01/2019 at 14:55, belperite said:

Yes. It's like stepping back in time to the late '90s, except free wifi and everyone is looking at their phones.

I know what you wrote & we should have listened but In town the other Saturday afternoon so we thought we'd give it a try.  £4.50 for a Guiness when a 5 min walk down to Flynns I can get the same for £3.50.

I know it was early in the afternoon but the place was empty with the only life coming from the several tv's which were turned down.  Contrast that with Flynns, walked in, Irish fiddle band playing & the place was packed. 

Not saying Molly Malone's is a bad pub, could see it being packed on a night time, mainly because it's on the West St curciut but I prefer the more genuine tradition of Flynns & my pocket takes less of a hit. 

Guest makapaka
On 24/01/2019 at 16:02, Baron99 said:

Cheers. 

As expected.  So just like the "cod Oirish" bars of the past then & nothing like the Grapes / Flynns. 

Could any new pub open and immedialtely

be like the grapes or dog and partridge?

I think its more Irish themed than actually genuinely irish like Flynns or Fagans ... I've been in once and its nice , although hope they resolved the sticky floor issue .... However alas I wont be able to enjoy it any more as its in West St and I dont frequent that area any more due to not feeling safe in town of an evening now 😞

My thoughts are it is a slightly more sympathetic  "Theme" Irish bar. No it isnt full of Irish old men drinking Guinness, but neither is it covered in Bright Green Orange haired Leprechauns as O'Neills/80's stye Irish bars were.

I have been a few times now and it is always busy, the bands on the weekend are also decent. It seems to have attracted a fairly mixed bag of customers from 18-60! Pretty much a cross section of similar people that West St Live has.

Either way it is a massive improvement on what was there before banging out bassline chav tunes!