Chinese sauces with no English language on the packet

Because it's a food safety issue thats why. Or perhaps I should learn the following - all languages that I've found food soley named in... english, french, german, polish, spanish, mandarin, japanese, urdu, and I think farsi

You think it reasonable for people to learn all those so they can shop safely...?

No i dont..

---------- Post added 19-04-2018 at 11:59 ----------

Because it's a food safety issue thats why. Or perhaps I should learn the following - all languages that I've found food soley named in... english, french, german, polish, spanish, mandarin, japanese, urdu, and I think farsi

You think it reasonable for people to learn all those so they can shop safely...?

Don't buy it! If it's not written in English, then it's not meant for you.....

Probably because the Chinese don't use salt like that. They use soy in a similar way though, it's very salty.

---------- Post added 19-04-2018 at 11:55 ----------

It's quite safe to not buy something you can't read isn't it?

So you'd be happy excluding someone from buying it then...?

The latter. In addition I am quite sure there are regulations regarding labeling, Trading Standards dont even like the American way that nutritional info is provided and if you are selling anything from there in the UK you have to whack a sticker over them to display them in a "British" format (although this is usually done by the importer before it is sold to the store)

And that is in the same language :|

I thought it was the other way round??? The FDA is the stickler for imports into USA and their ingredients/nutritional labelling is rather strict.

I thought it was the other way round??? The FDA is the stickler for imports into USA and their ingredients/nutritional labelling is rather strict.

No, anything I have bought from the States in a UK store of late has a big sticker over the back with the info in a "British" format.

Why isn't it? It's offered for sale isn't it?

Food regulations exist for a reason. It's called safety. If you circumvent that you have people who can easily die from allergic reactions.

As for don't buy it - if you take that attitude then I have to make sure I source every single meal myself. No eating out at a place that might have bought supplies from these places and misread the label... so you think it's reasonable for me never to have a meal out at any resteraunt?

No i dont..

---------- Post added 19-04-2018 at 11:59 ----------

I agree! Disabled people who can't get into certain shops and bars should just take their money elsewhere as well!

[scarcasm /]