Don valley Railway

14 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

You are being insolent now. I went to college for my diplomas before I got the job, that is what you do, you get your qualifications in order to get the job. I know more than you do about the railways. You mock because you have no authority in discussion of the subject.

My my, you really have been a busy bee.  Managed to squeeze in your illustrious lengthy career on the railways as a fully qualified snack deployment operative which you have now apparently "retired" from, plus your studying of  two business diplomas all while still apparently being in your "mid 20s".

None of which comes close to having any sort of skills, knowledge and experience of design, construction or management of railway  infrastructure.  

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MJ01 said:

You definitely know more about railways than I do, no-one has questioned that

I'm just struggling to work out how your knowledge & experience leverages the wherewithal to comment on structural engineering projects such as building a train platform

It's entirely possible that you need an engineering degree & years of engineering experience to be able to sell flapjack - my lack of knowledge about the railway sector brings me up short in that respect 

I never said I had an engineering degree. I said that the railway line is still in place and used for freight and the station entrance is still there. The platforms would need to be updated to meet current disability legislation, such as having tactile surfaces, brail signage, a wheel chair ramp and would also need a structural surveyance but the space is there for the platform and that is one of the main obstacles in opening stations.

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

My my, you really have been a busy bee.  Managed to squeeze in your illustrious lengthy career on the railways as a fully qualified snack deployment operative which you have now apparently "retired" from, plus your studying of  two business diplomas all while still apparently being in your mid 20s.

I am in my late 20s and I left to start my own catering business. Remind us of your exciting career, do tell dear chap.

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

So no engineering training whatsoever.

My qualifications earnt me my career on the railways, for which I gained experience in how the railways work and how stations work.

19 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I am in my late 20s and I left to start my own catering business. Remind us of your exciting career, do tell dear chap.

My qualifications earnt me my career on the railways, for which I gained experience in how the railways work and how stations work.

Corporate lawyer, formerly worked as a lawyer in the public sector dealing with local authorities and social services.

Your few years experience as an onboard customer host will no doubt give you some insight into the day-to-day operations of the railways. But lets not pretend that gives anywhere near the insight, experience or qualification on national infrastructure, construction, build and procurement.  

I worked on a checkout in a store for a few years while at college - didn't make me an expert in how they should be running the company. 

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1

Just now, Padders said:

YOO HOO, Irene. :wave:

Some very expensive pads in Ecclesfield, especially on Wheel Lane...

Is that the one that runs down from Grenoside? Some of the bungalows at the bottom of Ecclesfield Road look ok in fairness. Are there still those prefab houses on Mill Lane?

11 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Plenty of lawyers around Dore & Totley I imagine.

Plenty of lawyers living all over the city. Are you so deluded you think that lawyers just live in one part. Just how much do you think the legal industry earns?  They are not all being paid six figure salaries and driving around in a Bentley.

Maybe, just like so many other things in life, you need to wise up as to the reality.  Or, perhaps once again this is another example of you trolling.  Irene's famous knowingly stupid statements just to get attention.  

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1