Don valley Railway

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Plenty of lawyers living all over the city. Are you so deluded you think that lawyers just live in one part. Just how much do you think the legal industry earns?  They are not all being paid six figure salaries and driving around in a Bentley.

Maybe, just like so many other things in life, you need to wise up as to the reality.  Or, perhaps once again this its another example of you trolling.  Irene's famous knowingly stupid statements just to get attention.  

A lawyer is very well paid, assuming they work full time. Over £50,000 per year. I'd guess the top tier lawyers in Sheffield would be on around £130,000. Then again, I've not worked in the industry and unlike some, I don't pretend to know more about it than people who actually have.

Edited by Irene Swaine

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

A lawyer earning less than 50k needs to change firms. Lawyers don't study for years for a law degree to get a mediocre salary and lifestyle.

Correct - they study for years for a law degree & then walk up & down railway carriages selling Twix

• Haha 1

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

A lawyer is very well paid, assuming they work full time. Over £50,000 per year. 

Actually dear, the average pay for a qualified solicitor in Sheffield is about 40-£45K.  Some will earn more than that, many will earn less.  Like everything it depends on their seniority and the nature of the firm they work for.

Even if they did all earn 50k or above - What's that got to do with anything?  Why does it dictate where they live.  It doesn't automatically mean they are going to be living in some five bedroom detached mansion in s11.  

You were a customer service worker on board a train. Do we automatically assume that you and all your fellow workers were on poverty wages living in a  scummy rundown bedsit on the wrong side of the Manor? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Actually dear, the average pay for a qualified solicitor in Sheffield is about 40-£45K.  Some will earn more than that, many will earn less.  Like everything it depends on their seniority and the nature of the firm they work for.

Even if they did all earn 50k or above - What's that got to do with anything?  Why does it dictate where they live.  It doesn't automatically mean they are going to be living in some five bedroom detached mansion in s11.  

You were a customer service worker on board a train. Do we automatically assume that you and all your fellow workers were on poverty wages living in a  scummy rundown bedsit on the wrong side of the Manor? 

I have lived in a house in the South West that has 2 gardens for all of my life. Last year, my business made £55,000 in profit. I enjoy regular holidays to Cornwall, have a collection of L'occitane fragrances, get my clothes from LK Bennett, Reiss and jewellery from Breightling. Nothing poverty about me darling. I am posh totty.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

I have lived in a house in the South West that has 2 gardens for all of my life. Last year, my business made £55,000 in profit. I enjoy regular holidays to Cornwall, have a collection of L'occitane fragrances, get my clothes from LK Bennett, Reiss and jewellery from Breightling. Nothing poverty about me darling. I am posh totty.

Blimey, are you a Kardashian in disguise

For those with much more knowledge of railways than myself would it be possible to extend the Supertram further up Middlewood Road and then cut across perhaps through Beeley Wood and then run the tram on the old railway line up to Stocksbridge?

It would mean passengers could get off in High Street rather than having the long walk from Victoria Station.

20 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Is that the one that runs down from Grenoside? Some of the bungalows at the bottom of Ecclesfield Road look ok in fairness. Are there still those prefab houses on Mill Lane?

Yep, that's the one.

Those prefabs are still there...

• Like 1