Don valley Railway

4 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

You often hear people in more affluent areas moaning about lack of bus provision, but the truth is that they generally just want a bus service as backup for the odd occasion they don’t use a car. 

Almost every house on Sandstone Road has a car on the drive. Yet buses still serve it. Houses in Bradfield have cars on the drives but the PTE tendered a bus link. Bevan Way in Burncross is choc a block with cars, yet a bus still runs down it. I don't know where you get the idea that everyone living in the South West is affluent from. I have neighbours who snap a kit kat in half and give it to their kids to share between them. In fact, I know many people in the South West on low incomes. 

21 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Almost every house on Sandstone Road has a car on the drive. Yet buses still serve it. Houses in Bradfield have cars on the drives but the PTE tendered a bus link. Bevan Way in Burncross is choc a block with cars, yet a bus still runs down it. I don't know where you get the idea that everyone living in the South West is affluent from. I have neighbours who snap a kit kat in half and give it to their kids to share between them. In fact, I know many people in the South West on low incomes. 

I can tell you with great accuracy that the service (95a) that runs onto Sandstone Road is well used, which is why it goes there, if it wasn't it'd just run straight up/down Jenkin. 

1 hour ago, Resident said:

I can tell you with great accuracy that the service (95a) that runs onto Sandstone Road is well used, which is why it goes there, if it wasn't it'd just run straight up/down Jenkin. 

And I can tell you that the 2 was well used on Lydgate Lane, Manchester Road and Nile Street. It was cut (after being renamed the 12) in 2006 amid protestation from regular users. Likewise, the number 3/4 was always well used but axed in around 2013.

47 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

And I can tell you that the 2 was well used on Lydgate Lane, Manchester Road and Nile Street. It was cut (after being renamed the 12) in 2006 amid protestation from regular users. Likewise, the number 3/4 was always well used but axed in around 2013.

Well used services don't get cut. It's a simple premise. 

Your 34 other personalities don't count towards the usage data. 

Edited by Resident
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Assuming you haven't yet reached 30, you must have been, what, about 12/13? back then - and you were interested enough to note passenger loading on buses at that time?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Resident said:

Well used services don't get cut. It's a simple premise. 

Your 34 other personalities don't count towards the usage data. 

Yes they do get cut and they have indeed been. I doubt you have ever been to the South West.

58 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Assuming you haven't yet reached 30, you must have been, what, about 12/13? back then - and you were interested enough to note passenger loading on buses at that time?

Your attempts at patronising will not work.