Unbelievable law

This bloke obviously doesn't care about the law so he's a danger to the public.Give him the maximum sentence available to keep him off the streets.There is no excuse for him that would make me feel any sympathy for him. I really hope the cps appeals the short sentence for a double murder.

I agree the sentence should be reviewed. It wont be considered murder though as despite the reckless criminal action of the pond life who killed those boys, I very much doubt he deliberately ran them down.

Whilst it's true that he hasn't been rehabilitated, the primary responsibility for his behaviour has to rest with him.

The deed has been done; the priority should now be to stop it from happening again.

The offender will be released at some point, people should be thinking about rehabilitation, not punishment.

Rehab cid, after many driving offences why bother? he's gone beyond that,stuff him inside for as long as possible.I am not hang em brigade either,but this liberal attitude will not work or has not in his case.

For what you want you will be banging your head against a brick wall, it will not happen; but a drugs program+ is a possible.

The accident in the link below is evidence of a person unable to control his car, it was a serious incident, yet it appears there will be no action.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-43934577

Edited by El Cid

For what you want you will be banging your head against a brick wall, it will not happen; but a drugs program+ is a possible.

The accident in the link below is evidence of a person unable to control his car, it was a serious incident, yet it appears there will be no action.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-43934577

No comparison at all,nobody was killed and the driver was all legal and not drugged or drunk.Why do think a drugs program would work now? sod him leave him in jail.

The deed has been done; the priority should now be to stop it from happening again.

The offender will be released at some point, people should be thinking about rehabilitation, not punishment.

Which doesn't answer the question or address who's fault it is. It's still his fault. Not the fault of the law.

---------- Post added 28-04-2018 at 22:30 ----------

Go on then dimps enlighten us as to your suggestion for sentencing in such cases?

remember what the maximum sentence is.

Isn't the maximum 15 years and he caused 2 deaths, so run them concurrently, 30 years. 15 with good behaviour.

Which doesn't answer the question or address who's fault it is. It's still his fault. Not the fault of the law.

---------- Post added 28-04-2018 at 22:30 ----------

Isn't the maximum 15 years and he caused 2 deaths, so run them concurrently, 30 years. 15 with good behaviour.

Don't you mean Consecutive ?

It is one incident seriously aggravated by the loss of 2 lives - but a consecutive sentence would not follow - It was tried before in sheffield - remember

the motorised pub crawl when a bloke called Noble killed several - You cannot in law exceed the maximum sentence for the offence - and here it is a single piece of conduct.