RBS Branch Closures.

Keeping up with technology as nothing to do with not wanting to do internet banking . Using your theory then , Why bother having shops that pamper to the whims of people that don't want to do internet shopping , Close every thing down then .

I don't have any telephone or on-line banking and I'd prefer not to have them. My partner has two gadgets, for generating random numbers to enable logging into the current account. God help him if he loses the gadgets. It's all such a faff.

I have every sympathy for those employees who will lose their jobs.

If he loses the gadget then he can still bank exactly like you by going into a branch.

Keeping up with technology as nothing to do with not wanting to do internet banking . Using your theory then , Why bother having shops that pamper to the whims of people that don't want to do internet shopping , Close every thing down then .

Think you will find many shops do close down citing "internet shopping" as a reason, your example wasnt a very good one given that not every branch in the UK is closing.

---------- Post added 02-05-2018 at 11:38 ----------

If he loses the gadget then he can still bank exactly like you by going into a branch.

Correct. Or by ringing them up.

Its interesting that other banks haven't adopted those gadgets. Cost, or security overkill?

Which banks haven't?

---------- Post added 02-05-2018 at 11:40 ----------

Whenever shops aren't profitable they close, entire chains of shops have been closing, Maplin, Toys R Us, Woolworths, etc...

That would put me off banking with them.

HSBC have them, which explains First Direct.

Hardly seems to be uncommon if it includes HSBC, Barclays and Santander, that's the biggest 3 UK high street banks isn't it?