Posher east coast seaside towns/villages?

Any suggestions for nice east coast seaside locations away from the amusement arcades, greasy spoon cafes, fudge shops and hoards of scrotey folk that decend on the usual contenders?

Just a small beach, a decent food establishment or two and maybe a smattering of shops. I know Robin Hoods bay is nice and also Staithes was a lovely surprise just north of Whitby.

Any similar suggestions? I’d even venture into Lincolnshire / Norfolk ?

Hornsea is a favourite of mine. The riff raff tends to go to Withernsea, Brid and Scarborough!

Does it have to be East coast? There are lots of stunning little places on the west - Hoylake & West Kirby on the Wirral, Heysham village, Silverdale and Arnside, Grange Over Sands

You'll probably find the travelling closer than Sheffield is to Staithes.

Edited by alchresearch

none of them are posh, north of the wash at least in England up until Tyneside, although north of Tyneside, the relentless non-posh 'chavness' starts to ease up. And once you get into Scotland the PQ, or poshness quotient, goes up considerably. Towns like Dunbar and North Berwick are pretty posh.

south of the wash, you start hitting some pretty posh seaside places. Hunstanton. Cromer. Aldeburgh. These are undeniably posh places and would vote Tory even if they weren't on the coast.

but then once you get south of about Burnham-on-Crouch, and into Essex, the PQ suddenly lowers dramatically with the likes of Southend and Canvey Island hoving into view. These are some of the least posh places on the whole east coast. Further on into Kent is a bit of a mixture. Bits of posh like Whitstable and Sandwich, as well as not-so-posh like Margate and Dover.

south of the wash, you start hitting some pretty posh seaside places. Hunstanton. Cromer. Aldeburgh. These are undeniably posh places and would vote Tory even if they weren't on the coast.

Indeed, my sister lives in Heacham, close to Hunstanton but as you go round that coast it soon turns to Chelsea on Sea. We walked into one pub in Burnham Markert, saw the Rolls Royces, Aston and Ferraris in the car park and realised we were way out of our league for a pint and a bowl of chips.