Niche about blow up !

i went to leeds the other week, and i saw some of them niche at limit posters up that are all around sheff. also on holiday 2 years ago in spain i met prople from mnchester and somewhere called croyden, and they both listened to niche music...t5hat just shows that its big.

also is big ang anything to do wit niche? i heardb it somewhere:huh:

Big Ang is a wicked DJ and plays all bassline etc. She dj's @ plug for the Reflective event. You can get her Cd's from Reflex records in town.

She has done really well for herself and you should hear some of her tunes. top lass :thumbsup:

speed garage has been around for well over a decade now, starting off with likes of armand van heldon and cj bolland it was categorized by the huge distorted basslines and vocal loops.

Niche was the first club in sheffield to catch on to the new music and has been playing it ever since.

the genre has now - like house - splintered off into several different 'types' of which 4 x 4 is one. it is along with hardcore one of the biggest underground genres in uk clubbing. it gets no radio airplay, gets little or no press and (what press it does get is usually bad) no big name djs are on it. although steve angello recently remixed rip groove by double 99. (expect judge jules to leap on the bandwagon soon!). the genre is kept alive by bedroom producers, the music is made by clubbers for clubbers. some of them are genuinely great producers, i mean world class who could do more if given a chance

sadly it attracts some truly horrible people. gangsters and teens who think they're grown ups and you know the types. the scene is also awash with drugs and this combined with the ego's leads to violence. some of the newer forms of the music -especially 4x4 attracts asians and blacks and this mix of races also leads to volatile atmospheres

what it doesn't have is a genre called 'niche tunes'. this is a term used by truly thick people who can't be bothered to use the proper terminology.

some of the newer forms of the music -especially 4x4 attracts asians and blacks and this mix of races also leads to volatile atmospheres

Generally thought that was a pretty intelligent post except for this bit. Hopefully you just worded it a bit wrong, but I'm afraid that comes across as a somewhat racist comment to me. :shakes:

Generally thought that was a pretty intelligent post except for this bit. Hopefully you just worded it a bit wrong, but I'm afraid that comes across as a somewhat racist comment to me. :shakes:
i'm not being racist at all, its just a statement of fact. 4 x 4 attracts lots of asians and blacks. i'm not condemning or judging merely stating the truth

Like I said, I thought you probably worded it badly, but your words were:

4x4 attracts asians and blacks and this mix of races also leads to volatile atmospheres

That sounds like you're suggesting that a mix of asians and black people at events is a cause of trouble, which to me seems exactly like the sort of thing the BNP might use in an election leaflet. I think some of the real causes of problems at these events are actually their association with drug culture, resulting in turf wars between drug dealers and society's willing acceptance of the glamourisation of gangster culture. Not ethnicity!

[quote=discodown

what it doesn't have is a genre called 'niche tunes'. this is a term used by truly thick people who can't be bothered to use the proper terminology.

You were doin so well until i read this piece of unintelligent ****.... people are'nt thick who refer to the music played in niche as "niche tunes"... it's terminology used between friends etc wen discussing the music thats played there...!! :rant:

You were doin so well until i read this piece of unintelligent ****.... people are'nt thick who refer to the music played in niche as "niche tunes"... it's terminology used between friends etc wen discussing the music thats played there...!! :rant:

but its still not right, u dont go to kingdom to listen to "kingdom choons" u go to kingdom to listen to crap!

But your right in saying its like local slang used among friends and people who avent got a clue!

but its still not right, u dont go to kingdom to listen to "kingdom choons" u go to kingdom to listen to crap!

But your right in saying its like local slang used among friends and people who avent got a clue!

Probably because kingdom does'nt play a particular type of music.. moron!

As for people who ant got a clue, ive been goint to Niche for over ten years!

Wat the **** is your problem! :rant:

Archived