Fox & Duck Broomhill

looking at the pictures they have 5 ale pumps now, some were Thornbridge, Kelham Island, Bradfield - Farmers Blonde and Doombar.

Keg had some Thornbridge on.

have 10% discount for Students and NHS staff.

Its not saying to me "rush back and pay a visit".

I'll go because I'm a regular in Broomhill anyway and don't mind Thornbridge for a casual drink.

On a side note, I popped into the Bloomery last week and was quite pleasantly surprised to find Cocoa Wonderland on keg in there along with a couple of Sierra Nevada ales, along with Abbeydale Heathen.

What is Broomhill like for drinking these days. been a few years since I have been?

Micropub The Itchy Pig is nice. The York is quite food orientated but had a good beer selection last time I was in. I liked Little Critters at the Fox and Duck so am sad to see that change.

Haven't been to South Sea, Nottingham House or Broomhill Tav for over 20 years.

What is Broomhill like for drinking these days. been a few years since I have been?

Broomhill Tavern - usual Doombar, Farmers Blonde, Moonshine, nice pub and shows a lot sport so wouldn't surprise me if they showing a lot of World Cup.

Itchy Pig - micropub and ales change all the time.

The York - more of a food place, pub split into 2, one side food other to sit and drink, they have True North ales on and a few guest ales.

Bloomery - they have about 4 ale pumps and 5 craft/keg ales on, also a sporty pub. Ales change.

Nottingham House - only a couple of ale pumps and always find Timothy Taylor Landlord and Doombar, sometimes Moonshine, their pies are popular, never tried one.

Fox and Duck - not been in since refurb and ale change.

Where's a good place for wine can anyone advise?

The York would probably be the best.

---------- Post added 15-06-2018 at 13:09 ----------

My tuppence:

Broomhill Tavern - usual Doombar, Farmers Blonde, Moonshine, nice pub and shows a lot sport so wouldn't surprise me if they showing a lot of World Cup.

Yep, beer-wise it's a standard (but always well-kept) selection, but otherwise an excellent, no-nonsense boozer. One to visit if you just fancy a relaxed, good pub experience and casual pint quaffing. The lounge on the left provides a quiet area away from the sport tellys, unless there's a big match on.

Itchy Pig - micropub and ales change all the time.

Cask and keg craft beers. Nice friendly bloke who owns it. Hard to get a seat some of the time though due to it's nature :)

The York - more of a food place, pub split into 2, one side food other to sit and drink, they have True North ales on and a few guest ales.

Gastropub, gets busy with the after-work crowd. Great whisky and gin selection. I've always liked it, as long as I can get a seat.

Bloomery - they have about 4 ale pumps and 5 craft/keg ales on, also a sporty pub. Ales change.

Went last week for the first time in years, and was pleasantly surprised by the beer selection. I had the Thornbridge Cocoa Wonderland on keg. Food (and decor)-wise it's quite American in style.

Nottingham House - only a couple of ale pumps and always find Timothy Taylor Landlord and Doombar, sometimes Moonshine, their pies are popular, never tried one.

Not been for a long time. Doesn't sound like it's changed a lot though!

Fox and Duck - not been in since refurb and ale change.

Ditto, hoping to get there tonight.

First visit today after the refurbishment. The pub is nice and clean and the food menu has been greatly expanded.

The choice of beer is quite limited but the Doctor Mortons I had was nice enough. However I had to query the price. Its £1 off all cask ales on a Sunday so I was puzzled at being charged £2.90. Apparently it was correct and it's usually £3.90, which is extortionate for a commonplace 4% beer.

First visit today after the refurbishment. The pub is nice and clean and the food menu has been greatly expanded.

The choice of beer is quite limited but the Doctor Mortons I had was nice enough. However I had to query the price. Its £1 off all cask ales on a Sunday so I was puzzled at being charged £2.90. Apparently it was correct and it's usually £3.90, which is extortionate for a commonplace 4% beer.

£3.90!? It can rot in the pump at that price for me!