Eurovision "Song" Contest.

ANGELFIRE1

It's a bit of fun, get a grip. Nobody forces you to watch it.

I don’t watch it as it’s too boring. I saw the winning song on the news.

---------- Post added 13-05-2018 at 16:11 ----------

I recall that the UK gave ABBA's 'Waterloo' nil points.

Did they really ? Wonder what happened to that group ? :hihi:

It's a bit of fun, get a grip. Nobody forces you to watch it.

I bet its an expensive bit of fun,we pay our license and get this on tv,same with weekend afternoon tv,all the crap we avoid in midweek gets a rerun over the weekend.

I bet its an expensive bit of fun,we pay our license and get this on tv,same with weekend afternoon tv,all the crap we avoid in midweek gets a rerun over the weekend.

It's actually cheaper for the BBC to show 3 hours of Eurovision than it is 3 hours of the programmes they replace on a Saturday night.

I did not watch any of this "contest" on TV but my ears have been assaulted by hearing the winning ditty on the wireless.

Time we just ended taking part if a complete dirge of a song is voted as the winner. It's become a joke, but it's not really funny is it.

We are looked on as the nasty man of Europe and have no chance whatever of winning, so let's retire from it and let them get on with it.

My Missus tells me our "proper singer" had the mike taken off her by some idiot who ran onto the stage. Good job this imbecile did not have a knife in his hand. Another reason to kick this debacle into touch.

Angel1.

If you had bothered to watch it you would note that the votes are combined from both a jury of experts AND public votes. When looking at the results the two sets were at absolute polar opposite. The public knew what they liked and were certainly a galaxy away from what the expert music panel thought they should like.

Given that Israel is a absolute political minefield right now I dont think it really supports your "...its just all tactical voting" "..its all about a dislike for the UK" "...its just all PC nonsense" therory does it.

Christ, we didn't even manage to get top points from the three countries with the closest alliance with ourselves let alone much in the way of sympathy votes for what happened. Maybe we need to think about who we are sending in future and actually what the "eurovision" crowd want.

Lets be realistic here. Eurovision has not been about genunie musical talent for decades. That's not even why people love it anymore.

Slick, professional, well trained and well delivered acts is not what is about or what people want. You can see that a mile off just by watching the way the crowd reacts to each artist.

Its all about populist, gimmicky, silly and outrageous.

Its a silly little tradition each year, which despite the predictable snobbery and snooty comments, attactions multi-millions of viewers worldwide.

Try and think of any other (non sporting) television programme that actually gets set as a diary appointment viewing and brings people to arrange parties when watching it.

As for the stage invader well, from what I have read he has form. He has already done it on several other uk TV shows including ones in the high secured closed sets of a studio. I dont think you can point the finger at just Eurovision for any lapses on that one.

Only hope is that as he has tried it on in a different country he might come to regret it. Maybe the portugeese might not be so easy going as he has spoilt their big moment.

Edited by ECCOnoob

If you had bothered to watch it you would note that the votes are combined from both a jury of experts AND public votes. When looking at the results the two sets were at absolute polar opposite. The public knew what they liked and were certainly a galaxy away from what the expert music panel thought they should like.

Given that Israel is a absolute political minefield right now I dont think it really supports your "...its just all tactical voting" "..its all about a dislike for the UK" "...its just all PC nonsense" therory does it.

Christ, we didn't even manage to get top points from the three countries with the closest alliance with ourselves let alone much in the way of sympathy votes for what happened. Maybe we need to think about who we are sending in future and actually what the "eurovision" crowd want.

Lets be realistic here. Eurovision has not been about genunie musical talent for decades. That's not even why people love it anymore.

Slick, professional, well trained and well delivered acts is not what is about or what people want. You can see that a mile off just by watching the way the crowd reacts to each artist.

Its all about populist, gimmicky, silly and outrageous.

Its a silly little tradition each year, which despite the predictable snobbery and snooty comments, attactions multi-millions of viewers worldwide.

Try and think of any other (non sporting) television programme that actually gets set as a diary appointment viewing and brings people to arrange parties when watching it.

As for the stage invader well, from what I have read he has form. He has already done it on several other uk TV shows including ones in the high secured closed sets of a studio. I dont think you can point the finger at just Eurovision for any lapses on that one.

Only hope is that as he has tried it on in a different country he might come to regret it. Maybe the portugeese might not be so easy going as he has spoilt their big moment.

....nope! it's political!.........Europe does not like the Americans and neither it's allies..."us"......they will always be determined to give us a kicking, no matter!........... have another go!

....nope! it's political!.........Europe does not like the Americans and neither it's allies..."us"......they will always be determined to give us a kicking, no matter!........... have another go!

It's whole things a bit too white for my liking, No soul :hihi: