Eurovision "Song" Contest.

ANGELFIRE1

With the anti Europe rhetoric coming from the brexiters that's hardly surprising is it.

.........more like anti British voting coming from Europe!

It's we and the Americans that dominate and have dominated pop music from day one and they can't compete, only by disrespecting us in something as crappy as Eurovision. Hopefully after Brexit we will no longer be allowed to compete!

A beautifully crafted own goal there, mossdog. Have you ever thought of writing a song for Eurovision?

Hopefully after Brexit we will no longer be allowed to compete!

And, by the by: you do realise that several of the entries this year (including the winner) aren't even in Europe, let alone the EU, don't you?

If you had bothered to watch it you would note that the votes are combined from both a jury of experts AND public votes. When looking at the results the two sets were at absolute polar opposite. The public knew what they liked and were certainly a galaxy away from what the expert music panel thought they should like.

Given that Israel is a absolute political minefield right now I dont think it really supports your "...its just all tactical voting" "..its all about a dislike for the UK" "...its just all PC nonsense" therory does it.

Christ, we didn't even manage to get top points from the three countries with the closest alliance with ourselves let alone much in the way of sympathy votes for what happened. Maybe we need to think about who we are sending in future and actually what the "eurovision" crowd want.

Lets be realistic here. Eurovision has not been about genunie musical talent for decades. That's not even why people love it anymore.

Slick, professional, well trained and well delivered acts is not what is about or what people want. You can see that a mile off just by watching the way the crowd reacts to each artist.

Its all about populist, gimmicky, silly and outrageous.

Its a silly little tradition each year, which despite the predictable snobbery and snooty comments, attactions multi-millions of viewers worldwide.

Try and think of any other (non sporting) television programme that actually gets set as a diary appointment viewing and brings people to arrange parties when watching it.

As for the stage invader well, from what I have read he has form. He has already done it on several other uk TV shows including ones in the high secured closed sets of a studio. I dont think you can point the finger at just Eurovision for any lapses on that one.

Only hope is that as he has tried it on in a different country he might come to regret it. Maybe the portugeese might not be so easy going as he has spoilt their big moment.

Where in my post does it say, ( " I dont think it really supports your ...its just all tactical voting " ) I don't mind you criticising me or my posts, but if you are going to quote me, please be sure you quote me correctly. Thank You.

Angel1.

A beautifully crafted own goal there, mossdog. Have you ever thought of writing a song for Eurovision?

And, by the by: you do realise that several of the entries this year (including the winner) aren't even in Europe, let alone the EU, don't you?

......just so it sinks in!.............I hope that after Brexit we will no longer be allowed to compete!

.........more like anti British voting coming from Europe!

It's we and the Americans that dominate and have dominated pop music from day one and they can't compete, only by disrespecting us in something as crappy as Eurovision. Hopefully after Brexit we will no longer be allowed to compete!

Totally agree with you on that one!

Honestly, does anyone even care about this circus of factory type mass produced songwriting, for want of a better description? Nothing but contrived drivel has ever come out of this competition, and I don't care if they were "hits" or not, those are my feelings on the subject. As for the Brexit conspiracy theories. simply, ha ha ha, what nonsense.

......just so it sinks in!.............I hope that after Brexit we will no longer be allowed to compete!

Who is going to stop us?

Considering we are one of the major funding contributors to the event which automatically gives a free pass straight to the finals I cant see the organisers rushing to kick us off the list.

We could put up a trained chimp or a sack of spuds as our entrant and we would still get a place in the final.

You are aware that leaving the EU is not the same as leaving Europe right?

Honestly, does anyone even care about this circus of factory type mass produced songwriting, for want of a better description? Nothing but contrived drivel has ever come out of this competition, and I don't care if they were "hits" or not, those are my feelings on the subject. As for the Brexit conspiracy theories. simply, ha ha ha, what nonsense.

I totally agree.

Saturday night's final had an average 6.9 million UK viewers alone and reached a peak of over 8 million during the results sections

Based on the 2017 final figures 182 million people watched around the world.

Some people must care surely.