Eurovision "Song" Contest.

ANGELFIRE1

Saturday night's final had an average 6.9 million UK viewers alone and reached a peak of over 8 million during the results sections

Based on the 2017 final figures 182 million people watched around the world.

Some people must care surely.

People must watch just to shake their heads in disbelief at the nonsense, it's the "love to hate" factor, lol. That's the only explanation that's plausible. By the way, I lost all faith in polls, surveys and ratings etc when Donald Trump became the President of the USA.:D

Edited by Ontarian1981

People must watch just to shake their heads in disbelief at the nonsense, it's the "love to hate" factor, lol. That's the only explanation that's plausible. By the way, I lost all faith in polls, surveys and ratings etc when Donald Trump became the President of the USA.:D

It just shows the state of the entertainment's industry when programmes like love island and cruising with Jayne McDonald wins BAFTAs,a gay friend of mine goes to the Eurovision every year,he says it's a massive gayfest.

Who is going to stop us?

Considering we are one of the major funding contributors to the event which automatically gives a free pass straight to the finals I cant see the organisers rushing to kick us off the list.

We could put up a trained chimp or a sack of spuds as our entrant and we would still get a place in the final.

You are aware that leaving the EU is not the same as leaving Europe right?

...probably more aware than you!.......my thoughts are that some authority ,(whoever) would draw the curtains on the debacle so that we are unable to compete and stop becoming any further the political punchbag that we have become in this "musical" contest..........of course I don't hold my breath..more tongue in cheek!

No doubt after Brexit if we continue to make fools of ourselves we will not just be in the bottom three positions ,we will be bottom on a permanent basis!

...probably more aware than you!

I beg to differ, you have been told numerous times now that this competition has absolutely nothing to do with EU membership but yet you insist it does.

Maybe go and do some research before you come back with another post where you look a bit foolish...again.

I beg to differ, you have been told numerous times now that this competition has absolutely nothing to do with EU membership but yet you insist it does.

Maybe go and do some research before you come back with another post where you look a bit foolish...again.

........where have I ever said and insisted that the competition has to do with EU membership?...........now off you trot and stop trying to punch above your weight or you will be late for school!

........where have I ever said and insisted that the competition has to do with EU membership?...........now off you trot and stop trying to punch above your weight or you will be late for school!

So why do you think that Brexit has anything to do with entering Eurovision?

:confused:

Your statement "I hope that after Brexit we will no longer be allowed to compete!" kinda suggests you DO think there is a link. Are you going to continue digging, or just chuck out insults about me being of school age?

I love how people think we lose because we're hated.

We lose because we're just average in our choices of song and singer.

We only won in 1997 because of pulling in a bigger name like Katrina and the Waves.

Winners and leaders these days are much more professional - Pop Idol and other reality star-making show winners from their respective countries. Or social media sensations like this year's winner.

So why do you think that Brexit has anything to do with entering Eurovision?

:confused:

Your statement "I hope that after Brexit we will no longer be allowed to compete!" kinda suggests you DO think there is a link. Are you going to continue digging, or just chuck out insults about me being of school age?

It obviously "kinda" suggests that to you, unsurprisingly!.....to me I hope that when we leave The EU we also leave the silly Eurovision song contest!.......anyone suggesting we are not good enough to rise above the bottom three entries and there are no political shenanigans involved, while a bonkers song won it is not thinking clearly or knows little about musicality!

---------- Post added 14-05-2018 at 10:55 ----------

I love how people think we lose because we're hated.

We lose because we're just average in our choices of song and singer.

We only won in 1997 because of pulling in a bigger name like Katrina and the Waves.

Winners and leaders these days are much more professional - Pop Idol and other reality star-making show winners from their respective countries. Or social media sensations like this year's winner.

.......if we are average why are we finishing up near the bottom?

to me I hope that when we leave The EU we also leave the silly Eurovision song contest!

Well given the two things are totally unconnected, prepare to be very very disappointed.

As already said, the contest is cheaper for the BBC than it is of three hours of Casualty and other usual Saturday night fare.

It obviously "kinda" suggests that to you, unsurprisingly!.....to me I hope that when we leave The EU we also leave the silly Eurovision song contest!.......anyone suggesting we are not good enough to rise above the bottom three entries and there are no political shenanigans involved, while a bonkers song won it is not thinking clearly or knows little about musicality!

---------- Post added 14-05-2018 at 10:55 ----------

.......if we are average why are we finishing up near the bottom?

You better get used to and accept that many others wont agree with you.

Asking why its finishing near the bottom has little to do with the song.

I see movies on rotten tomato voted in upper eighty that are total rubbish and good movies that get no respect from voters.

This is because many voters follow a crowd mentality.

Learn to stand on your own feet without worrying what others say or vote. If you want to be truly independent and free from EU then stop moaning what happens there when someone competes in Eurovision. Its not you competing and non of your business so what is the problem? Nobody is forcing you to like or dislike it. If you don't like it leave it to them and don't waste your live getting depressed over it.

I suspect you are looking for things to make you depressed, many people do that unconsciously but you really have the choice to leave that negativity behind. Eurovision is to entertain the masses, nothing serious to waste your live over.