Does anyone think Sue Perkins is funny ?

pattricia

All modern comedy is unfunny and crap.Comedy seems to consist of a series of foul language with the odd shock comment put in for good measure.The comedy club at the city hall is terrible.i have had more laughs at funerals.I just watch all my old comedy dvds and boxsets from the seventies,eighties and nineties.A bit of black adder,bottom,the goodies,it aint half hot mum,only fools and horses, beats all the modern stuff every time.

---------- Post added 14-06-2018 at 21:19 ----------

Oh and Father Ted,my absolute favourite.

A few modern comedies are funny but I agree with you . I think being " PC" has spoiled comedy

I have long wondered if it's just me that finds Mel and Sue unfunny. I'm amazed they keep getting jobs on the television.

Someone must like them. :confused:

it because the beeb have more than their share of gays on board

I thought fools and horses was the ultimate last big one but then came along the Office. Ok not as popular as fools ect. The Office cast just got it right. There is a David Brent in most offices. Just look out for them you will see them. :hihi:

I thought fools and horses was the ultimate last big one but then came along the Office. Ok not as popular as fools ect. The Office cast just got it right. There is a David Brent in most offices. Just look out for them you will see them. :hihi:

Porridge was the funniest programme on tv. Not only were the punch lines funny, but just one dead pan look from the performers faces was brilliant.

Porridge was the funniest programme on tv. Not only were the punch lines funny, but just one dead pan look from the performers faces was brilliant.

Porridge yes very funny along with Steptoe, Dads Army , Rising Damp, thats why I said Fools and was the last big hitter. Proof in the Pudding they have tried a remake of Porridge err big Mistake. :gag:

Porridge yes very funny along with Steptoe, Dads Army , Rising Damp, thats why I said Fools and was the last big hitter. Proof in the Pudding they have tried a remake of Porridge err big Mistake. :gag:

Its difficult trying to watch old comedy shows on UK gold because there are so many edits in them that it makes some of them unwatchable.The two ronnies,allo allo,porridge,even hi de hi have punch lines deleted.I just buy the box sets on dvd instead,managed to get a love thy neighbour box set a couple of years ago which is unedited and just as it was shown in the seventies.Highly controversial show in modern Britain but was a highly popular show in the seventies topping viewing figures all the time.Made household names of the brilliant actors Rudolph Walker and Jack Smethurst.